Adding new event causes whites screen

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding new event causes whites screen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Skipwith
    Participant

After updating some Modern Tribe plugins it is not longer possible to create new events as usual. As soon as you save the the event you get a white screen showing ‘-1’ in the upper left corner of the screen.

Versions after update:
    Event Tickets Plus: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.6.2
    Event Tickets: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.6.3
    The Events Calendar PRO: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.4.22
    The Events Calendar: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.6.10

Versions before update:
    Event Tickets Plus: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.5.5
    Event Tickets: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.5.6
    The Events Calendar PRO: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.4.17
    The Events Calendar: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 4.6

Unfortunately there are no errors in the php error log for this particular issue. While testing I found deactivating the plugin ‘Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show Cost Fields: von Modern Tribe Inc. – 1.0.0’ solves the issue. I tried even to remove the plugin and just use the filter ‘add_filter( ‘tribe_events_admin_show_cost_field’, ‘__return_true’, 100 );’. But as soon as the filter is used the issue is back.

Unfortunately this filter is needed because your plugin ‘Event Tickets Plus’ does not use the currency set in WooCommerce. The sites currency is Swiss Francs (CHF) and therefore tickets show $ beneath the title and in the description but CHF next to the order button.

Please advice how to solve this issue.

Cliff

Hi, Thomas. Thanks for your detailed reply.

Using your own snippet like that wouldn’t be any different than having this extension activated.

I tried replicating this issue and couldn’t. There must be something else at play on your site, too. I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Thomas Skipwith
    Participant

I have asked a WordPress Expert to investigate the issue. He found this is an issue with the theme Enfold and provided a solution at their forum. You may refer your customers to that thread if they experience the same problem. You can find his post at https://kriesi.at/support/topic/error-saving-event-events-calendar-pro-event-tickets-pro/#post-910437.

Cliff

Thanks so much for the thorough response! I’m glad you got this sorted out.

I linked it to one of our developers just for their heads up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding new event causes whites screen’ is closed to new replies.