adding events to main blog loop

Home Forums Additional Help Extensions adding events to main blog loop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi I am trying to add published events to the websites main blog loop in order of date published. I have uploaded the extension which offers the two options to order by event date or date published. As soon as I check the add event to main blog loop option m post order of the blog i reversed, pots are ordered “ASC” rather than “DESC”. The additional extension and the 2 additional options don’t have the required action? I have tried numerous things but no fun. WordPress support also struggled?

Main Blog Page

Please Help?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Gavin Cooke. Reason: Subject incorrect - not a permalink problem
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Just wanted to let you know that we are dealing with a high volume of threads at the moment and it may take us more than usual to get back to you.

In the meantime, if you are dealing with an issue, please make sure you have gone through our Testing for Conflicts Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know if any difference under those conditions.

Also please provide as much information about the issue as possible and share links and screenshots so we can have as reference.

Finally, don’t forget to share your complete system information information by following the steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

We appreciate your patience while we slowly get back to normal response times.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Gavin,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m not able to replicate this issue at this time, as I do not see the same results as you are describing.

In that case, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for getting back to me! I have disabled all plugins, except for the events calendar and reverted to wordpress twenty sixteen. I have cleared my browser cache. Unfortunately the problem persists. I have left the website in this state for you to see, as I have been struggling with this for a very long time, along with a couple of other issues, which where a priority and I have now sorted those out. Link to main blog page, below…

https://livestock-live.net/news/

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

I am going to put the corrct theme up, but the result is the same.

Hi Gavin,

You can try installing the third-party plugin, Chronological Posts, which can reverse the order of your posts.

I just tested this out and it worked for me, let me know how it goes for you!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi Jaime, OK, I have managed to narrow the problem down to the Events Calendar Pro Add ON. As soon as I activate that, it changes the order of the blog. Should I still go ahead and install the chronological plugin?

Thanks

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi, I tried the chronological plugin which did exactly the same thing!

Hi Gavin,

Okay, so you would like the blog to be organized by Event Publish Date, from oldest to newest.  Is that correct?

Unfortunately, I’m not seeing any change when I deactivate Events Calendar PRO.  But when I activate Chronological Posts, it does reverse the order for me.

Let me know if you are seeing the same results!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi, I want the latest post to be first and the oldest post to be last. I have now changed the theme for the 20th time and I get the same result. Every time I activate the event calendar pro add on, it swaps the order around, showing the oldest post first. You probably checked it while I had deactivated the pro add on. If you have a look now, the blog is visible on the home page and the order is incorrect. I have activated the chronological plugin to no avail. It has no effect!

Hi Gavin,

I see what you mean on your site, however I am not seeing the same results on my site.

Here are my settings:

• Included events in main blog loop
    • Your homepage displays your latest posts (Settings < Reading)
    • Sort order in blog loop- Published
    • Twentyseventeen theme, EC PRO enabled
    • Chronological Posts disabled

With these settings, my latest posts display first.  Do you see the same results?

If not, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Ok, I have tried to replicate your settings as follows:

With these settings the order was correct. I then activated community events and filter bar and it reversed the order. At no stage have I seen an effect or change by activating chronological plugin or changing published to event date?

*Included events in main blog loop
    *Home Page displays – static page = featured events
    *Posts Page = News
    *Sort order in blog loop- Published
    *Twentyseventeen theme, EC PRO enabled
    *Chronological Posts disabled

When activating These add ons the order was reversed.
    *Filter Bar – EC Add on
    *Community Events – EC Add On

Accessing wp debug logs is new territory for me so I need to get wordpress to help?

Regards

Hi Gavin,

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the same issue on my end, with Community Events activated. I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Gavin Cooke
    Participant

Hi Jaime, I am just following up on the status of this?

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for checking in!

Unfortunately, I don’t have much to report, as this issue is still being worked on.

This thread will be notified when a fix for this issue has been released.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘adding events to main blog loop’ is closed to new replies.