Add text to ticket email // change "RSVP" to something diffrent

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add text to ticket email // change "RSVP" to something diffrent

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nagroup
    Participant

Hi,

(1) I would like to add some text to the email which is send to the consumer after confirming the RSVP
    maybe after organizer. (I saw some code snippet in a different thread but don’t know in whick file to add it (which of the ticket plugins, which folder…)
    (2) As I do not know if all our consumers around the world know the term “RSVP” (which I actually did not before)
    I would like to change it to something different. Is that possible?
    (3) I would like to change the color of the lines of the table containing the rsvp (as my oberall settings are black lines on black background to make them invisible) But for the specific table I could not find the correct # or div to change them to something visible.

I can send screenshots in a private conversation

Thanks for your help?

Simone

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Simone and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

1. I believe my colleague Geoff’s reply is bang on and points you to the proper place to make these changes: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rsvp-email/ . If you could reference the other thread here, I will also be able to tell you how to use the code snippet.
    2. Yes, that is totally possible. Try adding my colleague Cliff’s snippet to your theme’s functions.php https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-admin-rsvp-text-to-another-text-string/#post-1212742
    3. To make sure we are indeed talking about the same thing, could you please provide me with a screenshot and/or URL of the table you are referring to ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

wegoecono
    Participant

Sorry your answer is quite confusing.

(1) Concerning the text added to the email I was referring to this threat.

Post Link:https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-sales-thank-you-page/#post-1217135

Ian asked me to open a new thread with the question

(2) Concerning the change of the text for RSVP it is where one can make
    the reservation in the front end see screenshot

(3) Thats the same place as in (2) whre I want to change the table color.

Thanks for your help,

SImone

Mit sportlichen Grüßen / Sportively Yours,

Dr. Simone Artz

Nelson Artz Group GmbH & Co. KG
    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wintermuehlenhof 4, 53639 Koenigswinter, Germany

Geoff B.

Good evening Simone,

Thank you for writing back.

My apologies for the confusing aspect of my last reply.
    This was certainly not intended on my part.

Let’s try to make this better.

I would like to add some text to the email which is send to the consumer after confirming the RSVP

Post Link:https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-sales-thank-you-page/#post-1217135

Perfect. You simply need to add the code snippet to your theme’s functions.php. However, it will not be necessary to add the opening < ? php statement (since it’s already in your functions.php file.

As I do not know if all our consumers around the world know the term “RSVP” (which I actually did not before)
    I would like to change it to something different. Is that possible?

Yes, you can do this by adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-admin-rsvp-text-to-another-text-string/#post-1212742

I would like to change the color of the lines of the table containing the rsvp (as my oberall settings are black lines on black background to make them invisible) But for the specific table I could not find the correct # or div to change them to something visible.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-events-style-full .tribe-events-tickets td {
    border: 1px solid #000;
    }

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

nagroup
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your help. (see numbering below)

Number (3) worked perfect.
    Number (2) is unfortunately not what I ment. I want to change the
    wording on the frontend where one can book the ticket.
    Inserting the snippet worked, but The snippet changes the wording on the
    admin page.
    Number (1) I am not an expert on php unfortunately. If I insert the
    whole snippet there seems to be an error which makes my website is
    invisible. The same when I insert the code without <?php. What is the
    correct part to insert?

Thanks again, SImone

Geoff B.

Good evening Simone,

Thank you for your answer.

I am glad you were able to make some progress.

Let’s try to address the other issues.

Number 2: You can simply change this using a template customization.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

The view file that needs to be modified is /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/RSVP.php (line 23).

If you change RSVP directly in the plugin file, it will be overwritten during the next plugin upgrade.

If, however, you make a copy of that file and place it in the /tribe-events/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/ of your WordPress theme, it will resist plugin upgrades.

For number 1: You need to paste the code starting at “add action” and end at the last closing  }.

Perhaps, this version is clearer: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/13078d8bd9ba7879dacbdfaba81ea120

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Add text to ticket email // change "RSVP" to something diffrent’ is closed to new replies.