Active filters title not reflected on events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Active filters title not reflected on events

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Can we back-track a little:

Actually pasting the snippet into functions.php file stops the whole site from loading.

So to confirm, this is no longer a problem – that is, you have the snippet in place but the only issue is that the labels are not being changed as expected?

If so can you provide any other information about what changed – as honestly I’m not sure why this is not working for you or why you experienced such a problem. Perhaps you could test it out with a default theme and see if it works then, in case there is some sort of conflict here.

Lars
    Participant

Hi Barry, the snippet is in place as shown here: http://pastebin.com/zCVTqyhf but as you see the snippet is not working or changing anything: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0cz08sz7xovmkr/Screenshot%202014-03-14%2008.54.52.png
    it is very important that we get this working.

Lars
    Participant

If the snippet is not working is it must be possible to change the headings manually somewhere?

Barry

I appreciate it’s not working – so can I ask you to try the steps I outlined in my last reply? To recap, that was switching theme (ideally to a default and unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve), putting that snippet back in place and seeing if it works as expected then.

If the snippet is not working is it must be possible to change the headings manually somewhere?

You could certainly take a different approach. Please see my reply in this other thread.

Lars
    Participant

It’s not working! I deactivated all plugins, installed Twenty Twelve and placed the snippet in its functions.php file with no luck. Something is blocking in it. I did try as well on a different site/server and that worked. So could it be hosting related? Should I re-install ECP ? … or wouldn’t it just be easier if you guide me to which file I can change the headings manually?

Barry

OK, I have to stress though that editing core plugin code is not something we recommend. However, please look at the-events-calendar/public/advanced-functions/meta.php – you will find the various strings you want to edit from approximately line 293 onwards.

Lars
    Participant

Hi, it is the specific theme we are using that causes the snippet not to work. We have testet this fully now. This is strange as your other snippets (“change_week_view_title”, “add_text_below_week_title” and “filter_events_title”) does work fine. Who should we address this problem to?

We did not find the label for Events Category in the meta.php file so we are not any closer to a solution.

Barry

Hi Lars,

We did not find the label for Events Category in the meta.php file so we are not any closer to a solution.

If you find the entry for tribe_event_category (which ought to begin around line 331) you should find that you find changing:

'label' => null

To:

'label' => 'Label for the category field'

Does the trick. Again, I’d strongly advise against editing core code in this manner, but if it’s the path you want to take because of theme incompatibility issues then it’s entirely your choice.

Hi, it is the specific theme we are using that causes the snippet not to work. We have testet this fully now.

It’s a real shame we didn’t hit on this a lot earlier and I am unsure why it would be a problem with this specific theme or why it might affect this particular mechanism within The Events Calendar. Perhaps you could touch base with the theme author and discuss with them?

I do hope the above advice gets you sorted on this one and I’ll go ahead and close this thread. If we can assist with any other issues please do feel free to create new threads as needed.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Active filters title not reflected on events’ is closed to new replies.