Active filters title not reflected on events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Active filters title not reflected on events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi,
    Changing titel under the Filters bar “Active Filters” for i.e. “Event Category” and “Tags” doesn’t reflect when clicking an event to view it. The titles here are unchanged showing as “Event Category:” and “Event Tags:”.

This must clearly be a bug as we paid a great deal of money for both plugins believing they would correspond?

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties.

Can you clarify what the exact problem is just to avoid any misunderstandings? Is it the fact that, when viewing March 2014 (as an example) filtering down to a single category doesn’t cause the calendar title to update to something like Events for March 2014: Cateegory Name?

Or is it something else? If so and you can provide a URL so we can see the problem that might be helpful.

Thanks!

Lars
    Participant

Hi Barry
    No, the fact is this: In the Events Calendar Settings / Filters / Active filters I’ve changed the default title for “Event Category” and “Tags” to something else. I then click an event to view it as a Single Page Event (www.domain.com/event/test-event/) but the title showing for “Event Category” and “Tags” is still the default one and NOT my renamed title. This is a bug.

Barry

Thanks for clarifying: so I’m still unsure of how you changed the title – but assuming for the moment you did this by means of a translation it’s worth bearing in mind that both Filter Bar and The Events Calendar use different text domains and the translation would need to be made in both cases.

For the avoidance of doubt, can you confirm how you implemented your change?

Lars
    Participant

@Barry what do you mean by “unsure how I changed the title” !? – It’s an option:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysuqh9kq8cql3pp/Screenshot%202014-03-08%2009.21.49.png

But what is the logic of not having both Filter Bar and Events Calendar using the same text domains? So that once we change the Filter Bar Active filters titles it will of course change everywhere? As this is not the case how and where do we then change the Single Page Event titles/headings for “Events Category” and “Event Tags” ?

Barry

Thanks for clarifying – and apologies for the confusion:

But what is the logic of not having both Filter Bar and Events Calendar using the same text domains? So that once we change the Filter Bar Active filters titles it will of course change everywhere?

Since you are using the Filter Bar Settings to control this the text domain isn’t as relevant. I can definitely understand your confusion, but I would draw an analogy with something like the WordPress categories widget: we can assign any title we like, but it doesn’t mean that same title will be used everywhere on the site that there is a reference to categories.

The setting is also clearly “pinned” to the Filter Bar – so while I understand what you are trying to achieve and why, it may equally be something other users wouldn’t like to see (for example, they may simply want to shorten the labels in the context of the filter bar only – simply as a space saving measure – but prefer to keep the full labels elsewhere).

With that said, we are always open to new feature requests if you would like to post one.

As this is not the case how and where do we then change the Single Page Event titles/headings for “Events Category” and “Event Tags” ?

To change the labels that appear in the “meta” section of the single event page you can add snippets like this one to your theme’s functions.php file.

Does that help?

Lars
    Participant

Hi Barry
    The snipped trick doesn’t work.

Barry

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s difficult to help without a little more information though, can you confirm where you added the snippet and perhaps share the entire file via Pastebin/Gist?

Lars
    Participant

Hi Barry
    I’ve paste the snippet into the functions.php file like this: http://pastebin.com/zCVTqyhf

Lars
    Participant

Hi Barry
    Actually pasting the snippet into functions.php file stops the whole site from loading.

Barry

I can’t see your paste, unfortunately – you seem to have marked it as private.

Lars
    Participant

Could you please try again now?

Barry

Looks fine to me. The very same code creates no issues on my side – the appropriate labels are changed to “Accessibility” and “Keywords”. Perhaps you could change the WP_DEBUG setting in wp-config.php to true and report back with any pertinent error messages that are displaying?

This approach is one we’ve used successfully on the team and with a number of customers, so I’m unsure why it would be problematic in your case – but any error messages you might uncover (or you could view the server error log if you have sufficient access) might point us in the right direction as to what is going wrong in your case.

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Active filters title not reflected on events’ is closed to new replies.