500 error when creating new tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus 500 error when creating new tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jndcellars
    Participant

Hello, The events form continuously hangs when I create a ticket for the event and eventually reaches 500 error.. but the events publish fine when no ticket is attached.

All of my plug-ins are updated and I even de-activated all other plug-ins and switched to Twenty Seventeen theme and neither of those options worked. It still hangs until 500 error. My theme is also updated to the latest version.

I even went as far as switching to managed wordpress hosting thinking my web host was the issue but that hasn’t worked either and i’m still receiving the 500 error when adding tickets.

Can you please help me get tickets working on my website. http://www.jndcellars.com

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello jndcellars,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry that you are having this issue. Let me try to help with this.

A 500 error can be a result of a wide range of things, mostly server related.

You can quickly check two things:

1. Open the Console in the web developer tools and try creating a ticket. Do you see any errors popping up?
    2. Try downgrading to a previous version of ET and ET+ and check if you are still getting the error.

Here is an article that gives you more details about the nature of this error and what other actions you can try to fix it. Please go through it and let me know if any of it helps.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Also please let me know whether you are hosted on a Linux server or a Windows server.

Thanks!

A.

jndcellars
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response.

I used the console and tried adding a ticket but it just gave a generic 500 error (Internal Server Error) It actually disappeared so quickly I couldn’t get a screenshot.

I’m going to attempt downgrading my plugin, but I only see the 4.6.2 version of Event Tickets Plus available for download. Are their older versions?

jndcellars
    Participant

It is Linux. Godaddy Managed WordPress Hosting

jndcellars
    Participant

Here is the screenshot after I try to add a ticket. It auto directs to /wp-admin/posts.php after it times out

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

jndcellars
    Participant

I downgraded to version 4.6 of events tickets plus, event tickets, and the events calendar.. De-activated all other plug-ins (besides woocommerce) and switched to Twenty Seventeen theme and it is still timing out when I try to add the ticket.

I checked your article and tried most of those options before contacting you. the .htcaccess file looks fine with just the generic wordpress code inside. I’ve cleared cache and deleted cookies.

It’s ashame because I paid for the plug-in and really need to start selling tickets for our winery.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

jndcellars
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by jndcellars.
    Brian
    Participant

I had this issue too and Jaime helped me find a GoDaddy thread where you need to modify object-cache in your wp-content.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rsvp-not-working-when-logged-out/

Hope this helps.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks for chiming in and offering the link.

jndcellars, I’m helping Andras out since he is on a retreat.

You were able to follow the Go Daddy instructions and get this resolved?

Thanks,
    Brendan

jndcellars
    Participant

No the issue still isn’t resolved and I’m still unable to add tickets.

I was waiting to hear back from Andres after I gave him log in details to my WordPress site. Was hoping he’d notice something I may be missing.

I didn’t try the Godaddy thread because the error being diagnosed in that thread is much different than mine.

Mine hangs/spins when adding a ticket and eventually times out to a 500 error. I notice the tickets are being created in woocommerce each time though, but do not save/show up on the events page.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

jndcellars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘500 error when creating new tickets’ is closed to new replies.