404 errors on recurring events & cannot edit series

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 errors on recurring events & cannot edit series

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Angie
    Participant

getting 404 errors on my recurring events. They appear in the month view but give a 404 when you select the single view.
    You cannot edit these events unless you break one out of the series and event in as a single.

I had a 404 error before which was fixed by changing the date picker format but this is a different issue.
    I have copy the site to staging here:
    http://ipscene.staging.wpengine.com/events/

Take a look at New Age Kurling (1st Oct) as an example but they are many more.
    I’ve deactivated all other plugins and activated the default twentyfifteen theme.
    I can give you access to the site is required.

Angie
    Participant

I’ve noticed that the permalink for the events giving a 404 is in the format:
    /events/2015-10-01
    I can see this when I hover on the event displayed in the calendar on the events page – shouldn’t it be something like
    /events/new-age-kurling/2015-10-01 ??

Angie
    Participant

I have added new recurring events with all other plugins deactivated, then with them activated & then with my theme and they have all been created correctly i.e with the correct permalink, However I know that some of the recurring events that are now not working, were previously ok so something has caused the permalinks to be changed on those recurring events.
    Please can you help me sort this out.

Angie
    Participant

If I manually type in the url /events/new-age-kurling or even just /new-age-kurling then it redirects to http://ipscene.staging.wpengine.com/event/2015-10-01/ which give a 404.
    Why is it redirecting?

Cliff

Hi Angie. Sorry you’re having these issues. I know tracking down redirects and 404s can be a headache.

Please review https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/fixing-http-404-errors/ and let me know if that helps resolve anything.

Angie
    Participant

I have tried saving permalinks with no success.
    I have all other plugins deactivated and the Twenty Fifteen activated.
    When I change the permalinks to default the previous 404 error events work:
    http://ipscene.staging.wpengine.com/?eventDate=2015-12-10&tribe_events=new-age-kurling-2015-12-10
    but when I change them back again I get 404s.
    What can I do?

Angie
    Participant

I’ve noticed that the permalink for the events giving a 404 is in the format:
    /events/2015-10-01
    I can see this when I hover on the event displayed in the calendar on the events page – shouldn’t it be something like
    /events/new-age-kurling/2015-10-01 ??

the permalinks are not correct as the post name is missing.

Angie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for checking with WP Engine and for all the system details.

I looked at line 1110 of /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence_Meta.php and see there is a foreach there referencing recurring event meta, which is the issue you’re experiencing.

The permalink should be something like http://ipscene.staging.wpengine.com/event/new-age-kurling/2015-10-01/ — yes, the slug part is missing from the URL.

Since you said it works when permalink settings are set to default (ugly URLs), please send me a screenshot of your current permalink structure.

Angie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks. Do ANY of the default permalink options make it work?

Angie
    Participant

Apart from the default permalinks, ALL other settings (day & month, month & name, numeric and post name) results in the following structure for recurring events:
    /event/2017-09-13 which gives a 404 error

Cliff

Angie, I noticed you’re not using the latest version of The Events Calendar or PRO. You need to always use the latest versions for us to provide the best support.

Please update via WordPress automatic updates or manually from:

Once you have the latest versions, please try out different permalink settings and see if you can get one to work.

If none of them work even after that, please create a NEW recurring event and see if that one has the same permalink issue.

Thanks!

Angie
    Participant

The live version of this website is running with the latest version and is has the same problem. This is where WP Engine found the PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nas/wp/www/cluster-41760/ip…/src/Tribe/Recurrence_Meta.php on line 1110

Even before I updating the staging version to the latest version of your calendar I was able to create a new recurring event successfully – with the correct permalinks.
    I’ve now updated the staging version to the latest version:

All the previous recurring events still have the same problem – incorrect permalinks with the post slug missing resulting in a 404.
    The only permalink setting that works is Default, all the others result in the same as above.
    Recurring events created before & after the update are ok.
    The recurring events that have the wrong permalinks, were working previously – I’m not sure when this problem occurred but many of the recurring events that are not working now were working previously.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Angie.
    Angie
    Participant

The other thing to note is that you cannot edit the recurring events that have this problem – when you click on the post or on edit in admin it just re-loads the events admin list

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘404 errors on recurring events & cannot edit series’ is closed to new replies.