2 Questions: displaying 'buy-tickets' form / displaying 'Attendee Information'

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus 2 Questions: displaying 'buy-tickets' form / displaying 'Attendee Information'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    psadmin
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to display the ‘#buy-tickets’ form on it’s own page (not a custom post type) using a function call or shortcode? As part of the designs of the site I’m building, the events page has a ‘Buy Tickets’ button which links to a page that displays the ticket options (pretty much the ‘buy-tickets’ form) – so, I could do with outputting just that form on its own page. I’ve browsed the support forum and seen people get pointed to this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-rsvp-ticket-forms. But, that doesn’t really help me with this – I only want it to display on one page (also, for some reason I can’t see those options in my admin area).

Another question I had was in using the ‘Attendee Information’ that you can add to the tickets that you set up. Where does this appear in the views? I presumed it would show up during the checkout section. Is there a way to output these extra fields in the checkout?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi psadmin,

Thanks for reaching out! Those are some great questions. Let me try to help you out with them.

I could do with outputting just that form on its own page.

This might be possible but I’m not quite sure on that. Would be great to know if you are using the built-in Tribe Commerce to sell tickets, WooCommerce, or EDD.

This is essentially a customization, and as such we are limited on giving support for this, but I can try to give you some pointers.

using the ‘Attendee Information’

If you set up Attendee Info for a ticket, then the fields should show up below the ticket when you increase the number of tickets.

You can check the functionality on this page with the VIP ticket:

https://wpshindig.com/event/event-tickets-plus-demo/

Unfortunately it is not possible to output these on the checkout page. Or let me put it this way, there is no easy way and would require major customization efforts.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

psadmin
    Participant

Hi Andras, thanks for your reply on this. Apologies for my delay in replying.

I’m still having difficulties getting the Attendee Information to show on the front end. I’ve checked my markup against that on the demo (https://wpshindig.com/event/event-tickets-plus-demo) and it seems to be the same. On page load, there aren’t any occurrences of the .tribe-event-tickets-plus-meta-attendee class (even though I have fields setup in the backend) or any ‘attendee’ bits. I’ve attached some screenshots to illustrate. To generate the ticket table in the view I am overriding the single-event.php file, but using the same code to generate the meta: tribe_get_template_part(‘modules/meta’). There are no javascript errors on the page and I have wp_debug set to true and am not getting any errors.

Do I need to enable anything else in the backend? Do I need to use a different template part to get the attendee information to show on the front end?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

The attendee information fields should work by default, without any custom coding or any template override.

The fields appear after you increase the ticket number from zero to one or more. Until the ticket number is zero, the fields will not be visible.

I would suggest you try the following, given that you have your event, ticket(s) and attendee meta set up (based on one of your screenshots):

Switch to a default theme like twentysixteen or twentyseventeen, go to the event page with the tickets and increase the ticket number as if you were wanting to buy one. Check if the fields for that ticket appear.

If they do not appear, then disable all plugins except for the calendar and ticketing ones, and WooCommerce if you are using that for ticket sales, and re-test. (For reference take a look at our Conflict Testing Guide.)

If they do appear, then all works well, as it should.

Switch back to your theme, remove any calendar customizations and template overrides you did and test the same: go to event page and increase the ticket number with the fields.

If the fields do not appear then there is likely a theme conflict. In this case we will need to dig a bit further.

Make sure that your plugins and theme are up to date, and if the issue is still not solved, please share your system information with me in a private reply.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

psadmin
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thanks for that – I changed to the twentyseventeen theme and saw that the issue was resolved, meaning the problem must have come from something I had done in the overrides – I copied some of the templates over again from the plugin into my overrides folder and everything was good, so was able to piece things back together from there. So, yep, user error!!

Thanks for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

That’s awesome, happy to hear you managed to solve it! Congratulations!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Questions: displaying 'buy-tickets' form / displaying 'Attendee Information'’ is closed to new replies.