19 hour Aggregator Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator 19 hour Aggregator Import

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

OK, i disconnected the key and installed everything on a test site and it worked. So I assume there is some data somewhere I need to expunge. I need to completely wipe the site of all tribe stuff.

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

So I changed the URL on the site having issues and that didn’t help it. I migrated the db from the site having issues to a local development server and it works fine. This is weird, if there was bad data in the database, that data should have been migrated as well.

So I nuked the site. I had the host completely refresh the whole thing. Immediately installed event calendar from the plugins menu and the aggregator pin, tried to import some google events and the same thing happened. Your plugin doesn’t like this particular website apparently.

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I attempted the same today to make sure I wasn’t just out of imports.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for hanging in there and being so helpful and proactive with running tests and different scenarios. Both this and your patience is much appreciated.

I’m having further discussions, trying to figure out what is happening here.

Two more things we can try in our quest to found the source of this evil.

1. Try using the “legacy” queue system.

To do this add the following line to your wp-config.php file:

define( 'TRIBE_EA_QUEUE_USE_LEGACY', true );

This will use the previous version of the queue system.

2. Remove the SSL certificate and go back to HTTP.

This will show us if maybe there is an error with the certificate or something connected to that.

We had similar issues in the past with self-signed certificates.

None of these are good long term solutions, but they can help us get closer to the source of the issue, and can be used temporarily until we get this fixed.

Looking forward to hearing the results!

Cheers,
    Andras

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

the defined constant did the trick. what is the downside of using the legacy queue system?

Andras
    Keymaster

Phew… (wipes sweat from forehead)

Okay, that is a step forward. I’m glad we have some sort of a workaround.

The downside of using the LQS is that it can contain other bugs that have been fixed since then. But, if it works for you without issues, then you are not affected by those bugs. If anything crops up, let me know.

Why the LQS probably works is that it skips some certificate check steps. If you have the bandwidth it might be worth exploring the second option or setting up a new SSL certificate for the site. I see you are using Let’s Encrypt and that is fine. In general there should not be an issue with that, my test sites and a number of users are using that without issue.

Would you be able to provide us with a full database dump? It might give us some further clues.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thank Adam, much appreciated!

I will leave this ticket as “pending fix” and we will ping you here with any news.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Adam!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of out plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-event-tickets-4-8-event-tickets-plus-4-8/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘19 hour Aggregator Import’ is closed to new replies.