19 hour Aggregator Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator 19 hour Aggregator Import

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

excellent, thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing! And thanks for hanging in there.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Adam!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of out plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-29-july-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site. Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I did try 4.6.21 as soon as it was released with no luck. same behavior

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I just verified that the plug in is still working on WPEngine’s staging environment and my local environment, but not WPEngine’s Production environment. Is there anything that needs to be done to ease up on caching?

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

Also, the work around for this at the moment would be to import in staging and push the site down to live

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reporting back! This is indeed very curious.

Can you please confirm to me, if on the staging site you do or do not have the three MU plugins you have on production? So far I see that is one major difference between your sites and can be the source of this.

Meanwhile I will try to pull in some extra muscle for this as well, to get a different perspective. I ask for your kind patience.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

If you didn’t do so yet, please clear your transients and cache and try running the import again.

A.

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

In Production, Staging, and Development I have
    wp-migrate-db-pro-compatibiulity
    stop-long-comments
    sit-force-strong-passwords
    mu-plugin

and two folders
    wpengine-common
    force-strong-passwords

This morning I did the following

created a production back up (it’s the only way to quickly stop the run-away process)
        made sure object caching was disabled and cleared the cache in the WPE dashboard
        opened an incognito chrome window so as to avoid any client-side cache
        Use transient manager plugin to delete all transients
        Turned off all plugins except the events calendar, switched the theme to twentyseventeen
        purged the cache in the wordpress admin
        set an import for 8 events from a google calendar ICS
        hit import, and no luck, nothing ever imports and the progress bar never progresses. I let it spin for 60 seconds just to make sure
        restored from the back up to stop the import.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

I’m really sorry that this issue is so persistent. I have escalated the problem and one of our developers is going to take a deeper look into this.

I would be interested in one more thing, if you have a bit of time and the will to try.

If you set up a brand new site from scratch (it could event be under a subdomain), only with TEC, are you having the same problem that the events do not import? You can use the same EA license key, it can be used on 10 different domains.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

To give you a bit of background information for my request of a new site test:

“I think what happened is that the user deleted the records without deleting the queue information as well. The queue processor got stuck trying to start a queue related to a record that no more exists. We need to handle this case. Why it happened in the first place, seeing the date of the first post, was a queue bug we fixed.”

And a note:

“The line the user reports too shows the user is at least one TEC version behind.”

Thanks,

Andras

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

We need to launch this site in about 2 weeks, so rebuilding from the ground up is not an option at the moment.

I am currently on event calendar 4.6.21

Can you just tell me where the queue information is?

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I tried to install on another domain and it would not take the keys

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

here is a screen cap of that

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

Also, the data that is on the site has been pushed from development or from a previous backup. this would be impossible: “deleted the records without deleting the queue information as well.” I immediately went back to an older version of the data every time so as to not have bad data in the database

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘19 hour Aggregator Import’ is closed to new replies.