19 hour Aggregator Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator 19 hour Aggregator Import

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I am testing event calendar aggregator to see if it will work for our application. I set up a one-time import yesterday. After about 5 minutes it was getting no where, so I moved on to another task. I checked back this morning and it’s bee running for 19 hours, getting no where.

I’d love to be able to stop it, but turning it off doesn’t stop it. Do I need to kill a cron or something?

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

It’s basically a new site, so looking through the wp_post table for the tribe-ea-pending post type was not very difficult. That’s been deleted, and stopped the first import. I set up a new one-time import for just 3 events. The import is not happening and there is no error in the console or the php error log to let me know where the issue might be

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

Same thing on the latest

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m really sorry to hear about the troubles with Event Aggregator. I’d love to help you get this sorted.

I checked in our system and I see some successful imports already. Also I tested one of the feeds (ncf-edu_) and it imported events fine with my settings.

Are you still having an issue with the imports? If yes, then please send me the following data so I can dig further:

• the url you are importing from and you are having a problem with
    • your import settings under Events > Settings > Imports tab (Import limit type and range)
    • a screenshot of how your scheduled import is set up

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

Maybe that’s a problem. We have not had any successful imports. Your system is not reporting correctly.

The import is in progress, so I cannot view the import settings in the backend to give you a screen shot. It’s also just a one time import. Attached is not the current import.

here is the URL to one of the calendars we use, I’ve tried a couple:
    https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ncf.edu_3el9b9gm7ogtv8oi2u7kcop1v8%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Import settings for google calendar are set to global settings. attached are the globals.

So you guys built an intermediary server as well? I don’t have time to scale it up, but I’ve built something similar
    https://valiant-circuit-729.appspot.com/?cal=ncf
    Do the plugin read JSON, or just ICS format?

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

Also, I can take the nuclear option with this site if need be. There are only two posts that are the content creator just trying out the custom fields. please let me know if you recommend that

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back.

Your settings seem to be ok.

I ran a test import with that source you shared and it ran without an issue, the events got imported for me.

I’ll try to pull in some extra EA-muscle to check this.

While I do that…

I noticed you have some MU plugins as well. Do you think you could disable those somehow and run a test import like that? Alternatively set up a test site with only TEC at a host (even on your local machine) and try to test there?

The plugin works with JSON but cannot directly read it from the user interface at the moment.

Cheers,
    Andras

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

unfortunately, the MU-Plugins are required by our host (WPEngine). I migrated down to dev and tested and it worked. So I guess it’s something with the Mu-plugins. Have you had any success on WPEngine? I’m gonna go see what their support says

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I tried to go back to a previous version of the site and your licensing server went silly.

Your Event Aggregator license key is invalid. Visit the Events Calendar website to check your licenses.

We also ruled out caching on the host, or better said, we ruled out caching was not the only issue

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

WPEngine will not let me remove the MU-Plugins. They are wpengine-common and force-strong-passwords

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

OK, so I got on chat with Advanced Support at WPEngine. We saw a couple things, but the error is not being reported. We say a continuous post to admin-ajax. We also saw the following error message pop up in the error console.

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

I also was able to get an import to work on the staging environment. So the MU-Plugins are not the cause. Because there is no caching in admin for WPEngine’s live servers it is not a cashing error. The only real difference between the two places are the SSL cert and the domains. One is news.ncf.edu and the other is ncfnews.staging.wpengine.com.

We use a lets encrypt cert on the live site. If that matters.

I’d love to know what that WP_ERROR is that is being given in Argument 1 on line 300 of Queue_Processor.php. I tried to get it by using error_log( var_export( $record, true ) ); and received this:

Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Record__gCal::__set_state(array(\n ‘origin’ => ‘gcal’,\n ‘id’ => 10,\n ‘post’ => \n WP_Post::__set_state(array(\n ‘ID’ => 10,\n ‘post_author’ => ‘1’,\n ‘post_date’ => ‘2018-07-02 13:50:49’,\n ‘post_date_gmt’ => ‘2018-07-02 17:50:49’,\n ‘post_content’ => ”,\n ‘post_title’ => ‘Record: manual gcal’,\n ‘post_excerpt’ => ”,\n ‘post_status’ => ‘tribe-ea-pending’,\n ‘comment_status’ => ‘closed’,\n ‘ping_status’ => ‘manual’,\n ‘post_password’ => ”,\n ‘post_name’ => ‘record-manual-gcal’,\n ‘to_ping’ => ”,\n ‘pinged’ => ”,\n ‘post_modified’ => ‘2018-07-02 13:51:02’,\n ‘post_modified_gmt’ => ‘2018-07-02 17:51:02’,\n ‘post_content_filtered’ => ”,\n ‘post_parent’ => 0,\n ‘guid’ => ‘https://news.ncf.edu/?post_type=tribe-ea-record&p=10’,\n ‘menu_order’ => 0,\n ‘post_type’ => ‘tribe-ea-record’,\n ‘post_mime_type’ => ‘ea/gcal’,\n ‘comment_count’ => ‘0’,\n ‘filter’ => ‘raw’,\n )),\n ‘meta’ => \n array (\n ‘hash’ => ‘}mn4i T]$^0Ql(wY 7DesfTzE]XMS&A*’,\n ‘preview’ => ‘1’,\n ‘allow_multiple_organizers’ => ‘1’,\n ‘origin’ => ‘gcal’,\n ‘type’ => ‘manual’,\n ‘keywords’ => ”,\n ‘location’ => ”,\n ‘start’ => ‘2018-09-01’,\n ‘source’ => ‘https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/ncf.edu_3el9b9gm7ogtv8oi2u7kcop1v8%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics’,\n ‘next_batch_hash’ => ‘a2b5cc27ae5e38d9a54a1be42af5f062’,\n ‘import_id’ => ‘d0a65355fe77b5e95e237e85dfb4665f285f2d868770cd4c6ccf21e0ec78c672’,\n ‘should_queue_import’ => ”,\n ‘source_name’ => ‘OCM Events’,\n ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’,\n ‘ids_to_import’ => \n array (\n 0 => ’00E86F14-7319-4DF6-A921-7A5892F46C580′,\n ),\n ‘finalized’ => ‘1’,\n ‘interactive’ => ‘1’,\n ‘queue_id’ => ‘tribe_queue_ea_import_events_batch_d461d12a9ad84054bf1f326983489’,\n ‘queue’ => ‘1’,\n ‘in_progress’ => ‘1’,\n ‘activity’ => \n Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Record__Activity::__set_state(array(\n ‘items’ => \n array (\n ‘tribe_events’ => \n stdClass::__set_state(array(\n ‘created’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘updated’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘skipped’ => \n array (\n ),\n )),\n ‘tribe_organizer’ => \n stdClass::__set_state(array(\n ‘created’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘updated’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘skipped’ => \n array (\n ),\n )),\n ‘tribe_venue’ => \n stdClass::__set_state(array(\n ‘created’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘updated’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘skipped’ => \n array (\n ),\n )),\n ‘tribe_events_cat’ => \n stdClass::__set_state(array(\n ‘created’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘updated’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘skipped’ => \n array (\n ),\n )),\n ‘post_tag’ => \n stdClass::__set_state(array(\n ‘created’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘updated’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘skipped’ => \n array (\n ),\n )),\n ‘attachment’ => \n stdClass::__set_state(array(\n ‘created’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘updated’ => \n array (\n ),\n ‘skipped’ => \n array (\n ),\n )),\n ),\n ‘last_status’ => NULL,\n ‘map’ => \n array (\n ‘tribe_events’ => ‘tribe_events’,\n ‘event’ => ‘tribe_events’,\n ‘events’ => ‘tribe_events’,\n ‘tribe_organizer’ => ‘tribe_organizer’,\n ‘organizer’ => ‘tribe_organizer’,\n ‘organizers’ => ‘tribe_organizer’,\n ‘tribe_venue’ => ‘tribe_venue’,\n ‘venue’ => ‘tribe_venue’,\n ‘venues’ => ‘tribe_venue’,\n ‘tribe_events_cat’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,\n ‘category’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,\n ‘categories’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,\n ‘cat’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,\n ‘cats’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,\n ‘post_tag’ => ‘post_tag’,\n ‘tag’ => ‘post_tag’,\n ‘tags’ => ‘post_tag’,\n ‘attachment’ => ‘attachment’,\n ‘attachments’ => ‘attachment’,\n ‘image’ => ‘attachment’,\n ‘images’ => ‘attachment’,\n ),\n ‘total’ => 0,\n )),\n ),\n ‘type’ => ‘manual’,\n ‘frequency’ => NULL,\n ‘is_schedule’ => false,\n ‘is_manual’ => true,\n ‘last_wpdb_error’ => ”,\n ‘origin_import_policies’ => \n array (\n ‘url’ => \n array (\n 0 => ‘show_map_link’,\n ),\n ),\n ‘last_child’ => NULL,\n ‘temp_event_count’ => 0,\n ‘image_uploader’ => \n Tribe__Image__Uploader::__set_state(array(\n ‘featured_image’ => NULL,\n )),\n)), referer: https://news.ncf.edu/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events&page=aggregator

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your help in investigating the issue. The information you shared is really valuable.

In the meantime we also did some testing with WP engine and ended up with the same results.

It looks like this is a glitch when using WPEngine. I have logged a ticket for this and one of our wizards will investigate this further to fix this.

I believe the SSL certificate shouldn’t be an issue as long as the certificate is valid.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released. If you find out more about the issue on your side, please post it here.

For any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out there.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

AndrĂ¡s,

Any movement on this, we are coming up on a month and would like to apply for a refund if fixing it is not a priority.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘19 hour Aggregator Import’ is closed to new replies.