It’s that time again…our October-November maintenance build is officially out, and The Events Calendar / Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10 were both released this afternoon. We also updated each of the add-ons (mostly minor tweaks) and are releasing WooTickets 1.0 tomorrow. As this will probably be the last round of maintenance builds for 2012, we tried to fix in as many of the higher profile bugs that have been reported from our users. Here’s the specific breakdown of what to expect:
Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.10:
Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:
- Improved the events.js to avoid animation build up.
- Included code required for the forthcoming WooTickets add-on to function properly.
- Incorporated new Ukrainian translation files (free only), courtesy of Alexey Fedorov.
- Incorporated new French translation files (free only), courtesy of Fanny Héraud.
- Tested fully against the new WordPress Twenty Twelve theme and cleared up aesthetic issues where needed.
- Removed “Organizer” and “Venue” panels from the Appearance -> Menus screen (core only).
- Fixed a bug where the option to show/hide an event’s end date in the Events Advanced List Widget did not work (PRO only).
- There was previously no modal window when trashing individual instances of a recurring event; that is no more.
- Cleaned up event query filters to prevent conflicts.
- Event-specific settings no longer revert to default upon updating the plugin.
- Rewrite rules are no longer one step behind (meaning you won’t need to flush permalinks as often).
- Warnings/notices no longer litter the page in instances where no upcoming events are scheduled.
- Default permalinks are no longer malformed.
- Removed a PressTrends-generated notice that appeared upon activation.
- Removed remaining sp_ functions.
- Fixed an issue where default permalinks caused multiple errors when viewing a recurring event and venue page (PRO only).
- Removed various notices/errors from core + PRO.
Users should have begun receiving update prompts already; but remember that if you don’t, you can always go to Dashboard -> Updates and manually check again. Remember that each new add-on release is dependent on this 2.0.10 code to function…so update Events/PRO before updating any add-on to ensure as smooth an experience as possible.
Are you a PRO user looking to renew an expired license? While we’re still putting the finishing touches on our renewal functionality, we can provide you with a coupon in the interim that entitles you to a 30% discount on a new license (the same amount you’d be paying to renew your existing one). Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing your license key # and the date it expired so we can get you sorted.