Hey, hello and hi! We just shipped Community Events 4.7.2 and it fixes a few errors happening when users submit events to your calendar.
Here’s the lowdown:
- Fix – If you were using the visual editor (TinyMCE) for your Community Event description field, you may have noticed an error appear when users submit an event to your calendar. We’ve added validation to check the validity of the required Description field.
- Fix – The setting that marks the Organizer as a required field in the event submission form was not working. In other words, users were still able to submit events without providing that information. We’re now ensuring that the setting is respected via a filter for event submissions.
- Fix – Users noticed Venue and Organizer labels were displaying as numbers instead of text. Now, the linked post’s title sanitization for Organizer and Venue handles all data submission formats that were supported previously, resolving the problem with strings properly converting to arrays.
- Hooks – https://docs.theeventscalendar.com/reference/since/events.community4.7.2/
- Language – 0 new strings added, 31 updated, 0 fuzzied, and 0 obsoleted
This is a minor release that should be smooth sailing when updating. That said, it’s always a good idea to backup your site and test changes in a development environment before installing this on your live site, as you would with any other WordPress update.