Your search returned no results – events unable to import from Google Cal

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Your search returned no results – events unable to import from Google Cal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lorilee Rager
    Participant

Hello!

This add-on initially worked great for us. Events pulled successfully from Google Calendar. Unfortunately, we were provided the wrong calendar. Upon complete removing this saved recurring import, and all events associated with it, we are unable to add a new iCal import.

We need to add a recurring (Every 30 min) import of this calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/clarksvilleacademy.com_gbivch34ud1o3tm9rq0l5h0sik%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

I have tried a few solutions found in the forums including the the Bulk WP delete plugin to remove all traces of the original feed. No luck. 🙁

Please help? I would gladly send you a username/password to login to the backend of the site. 🙂

Josh
    Participant

Hey Lorilee,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to accept the login credentials since we have a strict policy against accepting login information.

I tested the link on my local install and was able to see 21 events available for import from that feed. https://cloudup.com/cG-1Jp0s_Ch.

As an initial test here, would you mind doing another check on the “deleted_events” using the bulk delete plugin and ensuring there isn’t anything left there to be deleted?

Thanks!

Lorilee Rager
    Participant

Hi Josh! It’s great that you were able to see events available from import. I am still unable to.

I am not even able to take an export of the Google Cal and import it manually. Upon going to Events > iCal > One-Time Import > Source: .ics File and select the file from my computer I receive the following error:

“Your Search returned no results. Please adjust your search.”

(Here is the file if that’s helpful: https://clarksvilleacademy.com/tcg/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/basic-1.ics)

Am I missing something? Not only can I not setup a recurring import, I can’t even do it manually. I have tried the bulk delete plugin again, as you suggested, and “0 posts were deleted” of the “deleted_events” criteria.

May I send you a copy of the database to examine? There must be something that is stuck in there, preventing us from adding any additional imported? Unless it’s something else entirely…

Appreciate your help. Thank you so very much.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Lorilee,

Sure thing, you can send a copy of the database to support[at]theeventscalendar.com and note that you would like the email sent to “Josh”.

Also, could you provide the full system information in a private reply within this thread as well?

Thanks!

Lorilee Rager
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Lorilee Rager
    Participant

Thank you.

The WP Bulk Delete plugin I was using clearly didn’t do a good enough job. Going into the database manually, I did a search for all “deleted_event” posts and removed everything found.

I was able to successfully upload the iCal in the plugin.

I hope in future updates, there will be a way to prevent this from happening. Thanks again. 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Lorilee Rager.
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Lorilee,

Awesome! I’m glad you were able to get the import working again.

There has been some internal discussion on this particular “feature” within the plugin. There may be some changes with this in a future release.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Your search returned no results – events unable to import from Google Cal’ is closed to new replies.