You have entered a license key for The Events Calendar PRO but the key is out of

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO You have entered a license key for The Events Calendar PRO but the key is out of

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

Hunter:

As I mentioned to you in the other thread (no solution in sight for TEC Pro not working with Page Builder?) — this error message has resurfaced a few days after I did the “disconnect and reenter” trick in licenses. At one point you mentioned the possibility of issuing me a new license key. As March is right around the corner, I have no problem renewing my license now for the coming year, if that’s possible and if that will make this error message go away.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jim

George
    Participant

Hey Jim!

George here, not Hunter. 🙂 In regards to your issues with the “out of installs” notice, I’m curious if you’ve checked out this Knowledgebase article on our site? ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/license-key-out-of-installs/

Let me know if you have — and, if not, if going through it helps at all.

We can indeed cancel one license and reissue a new one with the same expiration date and such. I will do that based on your feedback in response to this reply of mine.

Cheers!
    George

Jim
    Participant

George,

Thanks for your response. A) That’s not quite the error message I’m getting. What I see is: “You have entered a license key for The Events Calendar PRO but the key is out of installs. Visit the Events Calendar website to to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.” That’s close, but not quite the same thing. B) that message isn’t appearing in the license area of Events>>Settings>>Licenses. It’s appearing at the top of the dashboard, in all areas of the dashboard. When I DO go to Events>>Settings>>Licenses, I’m told that my key is good and that it expires in March of this year. (See attachments for screenshots of both)
    Additionally, I have only installed TEC Pro on one site, SFVAudubon.com

I went through all this with Hunter. He was very nice and polite, and we thought we’d found the answer, i.e. disconnecting the key, then re-entering it. This worked for about a day.

Can we put this one to bed, please? Thanks. I’ve offered to buy a new key that expires in March 2018 if that will help. But something…okay?

George
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying, Jim.

This behavior is odd and I cannot reproduce it. What I have done for now is deleted your original license key, and generated a new license key in your account.

You can find it at http://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys

This key will expire on the same exact date as your original key: March 11, 2017.

Let me know if the new key works any better. Please note that if these issues arise again even with the new key, then there is some other issue happening on your site and further troubleshooting steps would be needed to try and resolve the problem.

Cheers!
    George

Jim
    Participant

New key, same old problem. Actually, no…now it says the key is bad whereas before it say the key was out of installs. Erk!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Jim.
    Jim
    Participant

Meant to add this, from the Licenses tab in settings, which states that the key is valid.

George
    Participant

Really sorry to see this, Jim.

There seems to be an issue unique to your website and/or your webserver—we cannot recreate this issue and have no other reports of it.

There are two things worth clarifying:

• The presence or absence of a license key makes no effect on plugin functionality whatsoever. The license keys only sign up your domain for updates and support, so while these license key issues will prevent your site from using the one-lick auto updates within your wp-admin, there will not be any affect on actual plugin functionality.

• Next, while these license key issues will prevent your site from using the one-lick auto updates within your wp-admin, you can always perform manual updates per the instructions here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

↑ Just wanted to clarify these facts!

Now, with the above details in mind, I would recommend:

1. Manually update The Events Calendar on your site to version 4.4.1

2. Manually update Events Calendar Pro on your site to version 4.4.1

3. Try the license key again.

4. If issues persist, then deactivate every single plugin on your site except for only The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro. These should literally be the only two plugins active on your site.

5. Try the license key again—any progress/improvements?

6. If not, then leave all plugins except TEC & ECP deactivated, and then activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Seventeen.

7. Once this theme is activated, try the license key again—any progress/improvements?

I’m sorry for the trouble here, but these steps are the only ones I can think of at this time to help reveal the source of the problem.

Thanks for your continued patience and persistence,
    George

Jim
    Participant

George,

I believe I’ve found the source of this problem. SFVAudubon.com has three other registered domain names that point to it (SFVAudubon.org, Sanfernandovalleyaudubon.com and Sanfernandovalleyaudubon.org) and for some reason, the hosted name, SFVAudubon.com is a dynamic URL. Apparently that has the effect that, when I have other registered URLs point to the .com site, Google treats them as separate websites. For instance, when someone logs on at http://www.sfvaudubon.org, they’re actually looking at a site that’s hosted as sfvaudubon.com, but the .org extension is showing in their browser bar.
    So, I suggest that this domain masking is why your software is telling you, “Jim has installed TEC Pro on too many web sites!”
    I am in the process of switching to a static URL and doing hard 301 redirects, which should end the confusion. Not sure if this means anything needs to be done at your end — perhaps the warning message will go away by itself. Just thought I’d let you know…

Cheers,

Jim

George
    Participant

Thanks so much for that information Jim. It’s hugely relevant and is almost certainly the main reason for the issues you’ve been facing.

There’s unfortunately not much that could be done from the perspective of our licensing system. We are always working on improvements to it, and so in the future we could perhaps roll out some better handling for this sort of domain situation, but this is not a simple or quick change and wouldn’t arrive for quite some time (weeks, months, etc.).

Keep us posted on your own progress here and you find any different results with the license keys as you adjust your domain/redirect settings.

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘You have entered a license key for The Events Calendar PRO but the key is out of’ is closed to new replies.