Yet Another Multiple Registrants Information Question

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Yet Another Multiple Registrants Information Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joelgoodman
    Participant

A 3 month QA process for a feature is… excessive. Or Modern Tribe is just very slow in that department. And it demonstrates one of my biggest frustrations with MT plugins. They are expensive and not as feature-rich as competitors, and when features are added it takes multiple years (TEC Pro CSV Imports, Multiple Registrant Meta) to develop them.

The design and cleanliness of the code is the saving grace, but it’s extremely frustrating to think, “Oh, of course MT would support that obvious feature” only to find that, after selling to a client and purchasing, a) the plugins don’t, and b) the feature has been in-progress for years. Literally, years. This feature was requested in 2013 and has been in QA since the end of July this year.

Now that that feedback is out of the way—because by and large, I do love your plugins—is there prerelease code I could get ahold of, as a developer? I know about the public beta program, I’m signed up for it. Like with TEC Pro CSV imports, could I be a private beta tester in this instance for Woocommerce Tickets?

Pretty please? If not, give me a price that I can pay your devs to finish the QA process in a timely manner to get it ready for public beta. This is the second or third time I’ve been through this process of assuming a MT product supports a common feature to find that it’s been in development 6+ months and not finished yet. I could understand those timelines if this was a full-fledged startup working on a major and highly complicated app with no paying customers and only VCs to be accountable to. But on an expensive yearly subscription, it just a poor user experience for the customers.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by joelgoodman.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the frustration with our development process.

It is something we find frustrating ourselves and we are working on improving it to be able to get features out faster.

The 3.10 release took 6 months, yet the last two releases we did in less then 2 months each and all include new features so we are improving the process.

The ticket plugins are all being redesigned and updated for the 4.0 release(next release) to make it easier to add new features especially the custom user meta so they were delayed to do that unfortunately.

And because they are all being redesigned we do not have any coding to release in any form.

Sorry again to disappoint today, hopefully in the next releases we can show you we have turned the corner in your development cycles and able to add new features quicker.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

joelgoodman
    Participant

Since I now won’t be able to use Wootickets for this project, can I get a refund for the license I purchased, or at least a “pause” on its timer until those updates are made? It’s useless to my client now, and I was hoping to move them off of Event Espresso… But I’ll have to wait at this point and that could be 2 months or 6 months or whatever of no use that gets knocked off my 1-year license while TEC 4.0 is finished.

Brian
    Keymaster

To request a refund please follow our policy outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

And we can take care of it. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Yet Another Multiple Registrants Information Question’ is closed to new replies.