Wrong time options for 12 hour format

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wrong time options for 12 hour format

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Florian
    Participant

We found an issue when entering dates of availability for tickets.

There is a time picker that gives you the ability to choose a timestamp. This obviously takes a 12 hour format since there is an option for am/pm too. But the picker gives you also the option of choosing values from 13-24 which collides with the 12 hour format.
    Shouldn’t there only be values from 0-12? Especially because this can lead to corrupt data. When you choose a wrong value the entered date is lost and you end up with 01-01-1970…

Is there an option to change that?

Patricia

Hey Florian,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please access your Dashboard and head over to Settings -> General and make sure that the WordPress time format is set to 0:00 pm (the first option)?

I’ve tested from my end and the time format is displaying accordingly ( only values from 0 to 12 available ).

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Florian
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

thank you very much for your quick reply!

Well, indeed this option is not set to am/pm format. Since our site runs in Germany we use the 24h time format.
    Because changing this would affect other plugins and views I instead would suggest that Events Ticket Plus should respect the chosen format.
    This would be a much better user experience and would also prevent errors like setting false values like 1970-01-01 in the future.

Maybe you could consider this approach for a future release.
    For now my issue is resolved but I would love to see this fixed in an update.

Thank you very much!

Best
    Florian

Patricia

Hi Florian,

Thanks for sending us further information on this! Actually, Event Tickets Plus already matches WordPress time format:

AM-PM Example
    24h Example

I believe there might be a plugin or theme conflict causing the issue you are experiencing.

To identify the cause, I would suggest you to follow this tutorial. If you decide to run the test, please let me know the results!

If you have any other questions in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong time options for 12 hour format’ is closed to new replies.