Wrong time format

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Wrong time format

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tom Stone
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m setting up event tickets plus on another site now – this time together with the Events Calendar.

In the Settings (General):
    ……/wp-admin/edit.php?page=tribe-common&tab=general&post_type=tribe_events
    There is a setting for end of day, for events that runs past midnight.
    However, the time format seems to be hardcoded to the 12 hour AM/PM system – with no explanation of what time of day AM is, or what PM means.
    A bit annoying to have to google this, when it seems it could fetch the prefered time format from the WP settings, so that every user get the time format they prefer and understand.

So, a fix would be appreciated. Either that it fetch the time format from the WP settings, or that the 24 hour time format is used in some other way.

Courtney

Hi Johan

I’d like to look into this further. Can you send me your System Info and a link to the page this is happening on?

Our plugins do observe the WP time settings (Setting » General » Timezone & Time Format). You can also check at Events » Settings » General » Enable timezone support.

Does the 12hr setting appear when you are scheduling events? Does the 12hr setting appear on the published single event listing?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Tom Stone
    Participant

It seems to be the correct time format everywhere else, except in the section where you set when the end of day should be, for events that runs past midnight. In settings (general):
    ……/wp-admin/edit.php?page=tribe-common&tab=general&post_type=tribe_events
    I’m guessing the format is hardcoded there. It is not an important setting to many people, so I guess it has simply been forgotten.

I’m not at my developer computer at the moment. So the system info have to wait for now. Sorry.

Courtney

Thanks Johan, I’ll be able to look into this further with the System Info https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ and a link to view your site.

Tom Stone
    Participant

I found the errors!

On line 107-118 in the file “tribe-options-general.php(in The Events Calendar), in the “multiDayCutoff”-array, are the times hardcoded to the AM format.

Also, on line 249 in the file “Updater.php(in The Events Calendar), is this:

tribe_update_option( ‘multiDayCutoff’, $eod_cutoff->format( ‘h:i’ ) );

Which is using a 12-hour time (h:i) instead of the 24-hour time (H:i).

Courtney

Thanks Johan

I’ve sent in your findings for for our dev team and flagged this thread as a bug. When a fix is available, you’ll be notified here.

Courtney 🙂

Gergana
    Participant

I am expiriencing the same issue as Johan reported.
    If I put the end time for example 23:00 after when I hit “Update” button and return into the same place I see 11:00. This is annoying little thing. So hope this is fixed someday.

Courtney

Thanks Gergana. You’ll be notified here when it is. 🙂

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong time format’ is closed to new replies.