Wrong permalinks for translated content

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Wrong permalinks for translated content

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

I have the same problem like the one described here.
    Not only for ‘alle’ but also when ‘kategorie’ is used instead of ‘category’ in a url like http://example.com/events/kategorie/category-slug, I get a 404. If I change these words to English, links work fine.

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

Also, here

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the permalinks not working in the proper language for some items on your site. I would love to help you with this topic.

The good news is that there is currently no unresolved issue regarding permalink translation.

When translation file strings are not kicking in, it is usually caused by one of the following things:

1. Your translation files are not up to date (which actually was accidentally the case in our latest release)
    2. You are using some customized translation files that have been placed in the /wp-content/languages/ or /wp-content/languages/plugins/ folder. These might not be updated and will override any other file.
    3. Your theme is using its own text domain for some of the strings related to the calendar

In the first 2 cases, the solution is to update your translation files using the pot file. You can do this by using the Poedit software and heading to Catalog > Update from pot file.

If your theme is using its own text domain for template customizations, I would strongly suggest reverting back to the Events Calendar text domain in your child theme.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Michael Stenitzer
    Participant

Deactivating and activating again events calendar pro plugin did the trick.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Michael,

I am super stoked to hear that!

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong permalinks for translated content’ is closed to new replies.