WPML + Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events Compatibility

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WPML + Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events Compatibility

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    B.
    Participant

Hello,

We are using Events Calendar Pro 2.0.10 and WPML 2.6.0 for translating our website from English to Spanish. We are able translate single day, and multi-day events without any issues. However, we are unable to translate Recurring Events successfully.

Upon translating a Recurring Event (e.g., an event recurring every Wednesday in December), the Recurring Event only displays on one day of the translated calendar (instead of displaying on every Wednesday in December, for example).

-Are Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events compatible with WPML?
    -Is there a workaround for this issue?
    -We have our settings adjusted according to this post https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-events-calendar-pro-and-wpml/#post-21402

Thanks!
    B.

Barry

Hi B., I’m not completely sure I understand the problem – can you direct me to a URL where I can observe this?

B.
    Participant

Hello Barry,

Maybe this is clearer: We have an event in November called Taco Tuesday. Taco Tuesday repeats on every Tuesday in November. When we translate the Taco Tuesday event using WPML, only one instance of the event displays on the translated calendar.

You can observe the issue here:
    English (original) calendar: http://master.landl.archla.org/events/
    Spanish (translated) calendar: http://master.landl.archla.org/es/events/

Thanks,
    B.

Barry

Hmm, that’s strange. There have certainly been a few compatibility issues with WPML due to the way it modifies URLs (so far as I understand things, I’ve personally had very limited experience of WPML).

On occasion, the conflict has actually been compounded by other plugins, so, can you try a variation of our standard troubleshooting steps:

• Switch back to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Eleven
    • Ensure your Modern Tribe plugins are all up to date (currently we are on version 2.0.10 for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO)
    • Turn off all other plugins, except for those by Modern Tribe and WPML
    • Test and see if this problem persists. If it does not, reactivate everything else one-by-one until the problem returns – and note the last plugin you activated before the problem returned

This may help to isolate any potential conflict here. It may also be worth raising a concurrent support query over at wpml.org and asking for any input they might be able to provide.

B.
    Participant

Barry,

We’ve followed the provided instructions and the issue still persists.

I take this to mean Events Calendar Pro and WPML are not yet fully compatible?

Thanks,
    B.

Barry

It’s sounding that way, unfortunately. We’re definitely aware of this and other problems relating to WPML and an effort is underway to resolve them, however realistically a substantive fix could be a number of releases away, I’m afraid.

Leah

Hello,

We are excited to report that our upcoming release, The Events Calendar 3.12, includes changes that greatly improve the compatibility between The Events Calendar and WPML. We’ve been working hard on this integration for some time and we want to specifically thank all of our users who requested and waited for this feature. We appreciate all of the support and patience!

Version 3.12 of The Events Calendar will greatly improve compatibility with WPML, but we still have work to do. If you run into any problems integrating the two plugins, please post in our forums so that we can look into the issues. We’ll be on the look out for tweaks and fixes that will improve things further.

Thank you again to everyone who has been waiting for this! The Events Calendar 3.12 is coming soon- watch your WordPress Updates page!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML + Events Calendar Pro Recurring Events Compatibility’ is closed to new replies.