WPML and the "updating button keeps spinning" problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WPML and the "updating button keeps spinning" problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jen
    Participant

Since the forum for this issue is closed, I have started a new one.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/updating-button-keeps-spinning-not-new-publishing-either/

I’m getting this issue when I “duplicate” an event in WPML and then go back to edit it independently. The reason I’m not just translating the event directly is that I then lose all date, venue, and contact information.

Is there a translation workflow that people are using that will keep the data intact and still allow editing, but with minimal effort? Right now, all I know to do is to create new events with empty titles and descriptions, re-enter all the event data, hand-connect them to their English versions, then send them to my translators.

Jen
    Participant

Additional information: I can quick-edit the duplicate events using edit.php. The problem seems limited to post.php.

Rob

Hey Jen. Thanks for posting this, and for creating the new thread. (For organizational purposes we’re closing all old threads after a period of inactivity).

This may be a dumb question, but what are you using to duplicate the events themselves? Is there another plugin or something built into WPML?

Jen
    Participant

The duplication feature is built into WPML, because as it duplicates the event, it sets up the copy as the translation of the original. So maybe if y’all know a conflict-free way to duplicate an event, I can make a clean copy with the data intact, then manually identify it as the translation.

Also, I’ve not been getting notifications lately for my threads, even though I check the box. They might be getting eaten by a filter. So I apologize in advance for lags in my replies!

Joyce Grace

Hello Jen, just letting you know Rob is away at the moment, but I’m going to try to get someone with more skill than I to help you out on this, since I’m no expert on WPML.

About the notifications, we did have problems with that and know we need to fix it. Sorry you’re not getting all the follow ups. They seem to work ok for me now, but there are some that slip through the cracks.

Casey
    Participant

Jen,
    What version of WPML, WordPress, and EC Pro are you running? Thanks.

-Casey

Jen
    Participant

WPML Multilingual CMS (Version 2.5.2)
    WPML Translation Management (Version 1.3.1)
    The Events Calendar (Version 2.0.8)
    The Events Calendar PRO (Version 2.0.8)
    WordPress 3.4.1

Rob

Thanks Jen! Not sure Casey saw this response, but I’ve passed it back his way just to be safe. Thanks for your patience so far.

Casey
    Participant

Jen,
    Unfortunately the integration with WPML isn’t something we currently support. We’ve been hearing from other users that this integration is important, and are hoping to have this verified and working correctly by version 2.1. So, stay tuned…

Just let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!

Jen
    Participant

So did you have any suggestions on duplicating events?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WPML and the "updating button keeps spinning" problem’ is closed to new replies.