WP Router Placeholder Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events WP Router Placeholder Page

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hey guys. Thanks for confirming that you’re still having problems; odd that I am totally unable to recreate this on my end (and 2 of the 4 users to respond say it fixed their issue too)…but that being said I am seeing it on Ian’s site with the credentials he sent over.

Ian, my guess is that something else is at play on your site. First thing I’d suggest: simply change to another permalink structure to see if the issue persists. From there, please try regenerating your .htaccess file. Rather than deleting the existing one, just rename it…then flush your permalinks, and a new .htaccess file should be created from there. Testing from there will allow you to see if that works (which based on my conversations with our dev, it should).

If not…I see you have a whole lot of plugins active and while I didn’t feel comfortable deactivating them myself, please try deactivating one-by-one to see if a conflict exists on that end. If not, with those plugins still deactivated, revert to the 2011 theme and test the issue once more.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more on this. We’ll do what we can to assist based on your feedback per my notes above.

Ian Ray
    Participant

Thanks again for taking your time to look into this and for logging into the site to see where it might have gone awry. I tried every permalink option in WordPress, but that did not seem to make any difference in this issue.

So I made a duplicate dev site and deactivated all plugins on the dev site. Then I activated only tri.be plugins for The Events Calendar and played with the permalink settings. Unfortunately none of this seems to make a difference in resolving the WP Router Placeholder.

If you have time, you are more than welcome to login to the dev site and try to get a configuration that works. User/pass is the same, site is at dev [dot] websie-i-sent-you [dot] com

Kathleen
    Participant

Hi,
    So here’s what’s happening on my site. With the Modern Tribe’s free Widget Builder plugin activated when I access the add page I get the following warning in the right sidebar:
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for WP_Router_Page::get_title() in /home/content/l/a/r/lars1313/html/PCACBad/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/vendor/wp-router/WP_Router_Page.class.php on line 145
    and when I try to access the list page I’m rerouted to the WP Router Place Holder Page. When I deactivate the Widget Builder plugin, the warning no longer appears on add page, but the list page still has the same problem. I’ve tried every permalink structure available from the dashboard and it doesn’t seem to make any difference. I’m using the Graphene theme. You can see the site at http://progressivechristians.org/PCACBad. Please help.

Thanks, Kathleen

Kathleen
    Participant

Hi Rob,
    I think I figured out the problem. I am doing development and testing on my server at home and then have been FTPing things up to the real web host. I did the updates on my server at home and then sent everything up to the live site and there is an error message on the licenses keys that says something to the effect that I don’t have any more installs. I have verified that the new versions of Events Calendar Pro and Events Calendar fix everything but the error message but in order for that message not to show on my webiste (looks pretty ugly I must say) I have to deactivate Widget Builder so I hope it won’t be too long until that’s fixed.
    My clients – Progressive Christians Alliance of Colorado – are selling tickets on the live site http://progressivechristians.org so I don’t want to have it down for any reason which is why I’m doing the testing that still remains to be done on my home server. What do I need to do when I move the version from home to the web to make sure the license keys work?

Jomar McDonald
    Participant

I updated to 1.01 and still having the same problem with the my events list redirecting to the wp router page. Tried different browsers, dumping cache and all that, no go. Not very helpful but I thought I’d add myself to the list.

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks for resolving this guys. It is working beautifully on my sites.

Ian Ray
    Participant

Any update on this issue? I am able to get it working properly on a fresh install locally under XAMPP, but still cannot get rid of this bug on my production or testing site.

I have tried pretty much every combination available of disabling/enabling plugins and permalink settings, as well as testing these different options with the default twenty eleven and twenty twelve theme. I will keep digging into this, but would appreciate any insight from the development team I can get on resolving this bug.

Tony
    Participant

@jonah, I’m in the same boat as other people. We have the category permalink in our URL structure. Taking it out is not ideal for us. I’m on the most current release for Events Community 1.0.1.1 and WordPress 3.4. I tried saving my permalink options twice to see if that would resolve the issue as mentioned above and I’m still getting the WP-Routing page.

The problem we have here is that we use different widget with YouTube videos on various pages and show/hide those widgets per page using Dynamic Widgets. When the wp_routing page comes up it loads all of the widgets and essentially crashes our browser as it’s trying to load all the different sidebar widgets we have at once.

Worse case scenario, if I was to remove the category out of our permalink structure does wordpress automatically 301 redirect all the incoming links to their proper pages? I’m thinking it does, but I really don’t want to put it to the test on a website that’s as critical as ours until I’m 100% sure it does.

Do you think you could offer some advice here and do you need admin access to our site too?

Craig

Hi guys
    Just a heads-up. Im still having a problem with this issue as well. Tried changing to a different permalink but no go. If you need more info then let me know.

Kathleen
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I’ve posted on two places and sent a separate email but still no response. I need to be able to update my client’s website by the end of the week. Right now their site won’t work because I can’t update the plugins to the correct version. I think it’s because you think I’m trying to use a single license for two websites. I am testing on my development site on my home server and then transferring the site to the live host. This seems to cause problems with the license. I assure you, I’m not trying to cheat, my clients are a non-profit organization – not a business. And they will only be running one site – therefore one license each for Events Calendar Pro, Events Calendar Ticketing, and Events Calendar Community for which you have been paid. Please help me with what I need to do so that when I send their updated site to the live host, the license keys will still be valid.
    Thanks

Kathleen Rector

Ian Ray
    Participant

To my fellow site administrators who are still having issues with the WP Router Placeholder Page…. I got it working again! The solution? Downgrade WordPress 3.4 -> 3.3.2. Not the most elegant solution, but the easiest until Modern Tribe is able to work out the kinks. See below if you want to replicate the process:

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
    1. Backup, yes everything. Hopefully you have SSH to make life easy.
    2. Download WordPress 3.3.2-RC1: http://wordpress.org/wordpress-3.3.2-RC1.tar.gz
    3. Upload and replace the following to your install root: wp-admin, wp-includes, and all the wp-*.php files in the .tar.gz archive
    4. Go to http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin and click the “Upgrade Database”
    5. Test and cleanup (I use W3 Total Cache and cleared it out just in case)

Done
    – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Best of luck.

Bruce
    Participant

I am also seeing this issue WP Router Placeholder

Jesse

I’m still getting this as well… additionally my custom templates for “add event” are now broken after updating the community plugin

Tom
    Participant

I’ll add a comment to knock this subject back to the top. I’ve still got the bug too.

Michelle
    Participant

Hi All,
    I just wanted to report that I have also this WP-Router redirect problem for the ‘My Events’ link. I don’t have %%category%% permalinks so this isn’t causing the problem. My install is on twentyten and now running WP 3.4.1 . Is there still a fix for this due out mid July? If so I will just disable ‘Edit Events’ on the Community settings in the Calendar for the time being.
    Thanks,
    Michelle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Router Placeholder Page’ is closed to new replies.