WP events not syncing with EventBrite

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets WP events not syncing with EventBrite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    geoff
    Participant

Hello,
    I am having an issue with updates to an event syncing between wp and EventBrite. This is a recent issue – when I update an event in EventBrite it does not update in WordPress. Also, when trying to import an event into WordPress, the drop down menu shows nothing (just continues to say “searching” for an undetermined amount of time).

I tried re-linking WordPress with EventBrite, and while i was doing this an update appeared for EventBrite Tickets in WordPress so I updated the plugin as well. Cleared my browser Cache, but still no go. When I try to re-import an event it gives me an error and tells me the event already exists. I noticed this was an issue back in August that was fixed with an update – so I am wondering if this issue has resurfaced with anyone else?

Hunter

Hey Geoff,

Welcome and thank you for reaching out.

Also, when trying to import an event into WordPress, the drop down menu shows nothing (just continues to say “searching” for an undetermined amount of time).

I’m having trouble reproducing the behavior when attempting to import an event from Eventbrite into my WordPress site. (see screenshot below)

When I try to re-import an event it gives me an error and tells me the event already exists.

Can you try completely deleting the event from your website, then reattempt to import it from Evenbrite? I see you checked ‘Yes’ to reverting to the default WP theme and deactivating all plugins other than ours as outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide, but can you please confirm this?

Once I hear back with more info, I’ll have a better idea on how to proceed. Thanks again and have a great week ahead. Cheers!

geoff
    Participant

Alright I have some events now showing in the drop down import menu, but they are only past events, not upcoming events. However the upcoming events are set to private, but the past events were private as well so I don’t think that should be the issue?

I deleted an event and re-imported it successfully with changes. But the two should be updating automatically because I have them synced right?
    I deactivated the plugins and changed the theme to 2014, and then activated the plugins one by one but I never did get it working.

Hunter

Welcome back!

Glad to hear things are starting to work as designed. I am able to view upcoming events, both Public and Private in the dropdown import menu, so I’m not sure why yours is only displaying past events.

Regarding the event on your WordPress site not reflecting the changes made on your Eventbrite account, it is something we’re aware of and currently have a ticket logged which will allow us to investigate the matter. I don’t have a date on if/when this functionality will be implemented, but keep an eye on your WordPress dashboard and our Release Notes for info.

Please let me know if this helps clarify everything and if you have any unresolved questions, feel free to respond and I’ll be happy to answer the best I can. Thanks for the update and have a good rest of the day.

John Holliday
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Is there a way to “refresh” the events that have already been imported? For instance, if I make a few edits to the event description on Eventbrite, is there a way to simply re-import the same event from WordPress? Ideally, I would like to have a button that goes through and re-imports all of my previously imported events if they still exist on Eventbrite. It would be even better to setup a CRON job or something that would let me invoke the refresh function on a schedule – perhaps every night.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

I completely understand what you’re getting at as it was the same thought process I had while discussing the matter with another support team member. It appears what you seek was possible at one point, but for some reason is not at this time. As previously mentioned, we have a feature report logged which has had semi-recent activity, so that’s a good sign things will be pursued though I don’t have a date for you.

I wish there was a better way other than to delete the event from your WP site and reimport it back into your site with the updated changes. Obviously, this isn’t ideal and rest assured I’ll bring this issue to the attention of the decision makers. Please stay tuned to your WP admin dashboard and the Release Notes for more info.

Thank you for being so patient and thorough while we explored the topics at hand and please let me know if you have any more questions. Enjoy your evening.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WP events not syncing with EventBrite’ is closed to new replies.