WP Comments has dissapeared after last update

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events WP Comments has dissapeared after last update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

After the last update I can no longer see comments left on our website, after deactivating The Events Calendar: Community Events (Version 4.4) they reappear, please help urgently

Rafael
    Participant

Yes, I just noticed the same problem.

There’s a conflict with Community Events 4.4 and the post/page comment function. The comment section simply doesn’t appear, even though it’s activated.

When reverting back to the previous Community Events version 4.3.2 the comment section appears/functions normally.

Stephen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello 🙂

Sorry to see you’re experiencing issues with the comments section. I actually logged a bug on the matter, so our devs are aware and working on fixing the faulty code. I’ve gone ahead and added this forum thread to the ticket which helps expedite the process of getting a fix included in an upcoming release. I don’t have a precise date when it will be available, but please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more information.

To revert back, you can visit your Downloads page and select the version you want from the dropdown and download the plugin. Next, deactivate Community Events and delete it from your site. From there, upload the plugin to your site. For more details, you can read over our Manual Updates Knowledgebase article. You’ll technically be backdating rather than updating, but it’s the exact same process. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Nico

Hey,

I’m reaching out to let you know that we just released a fix for this issue. Please update the plugins to version 4.4.1 (4.4.1.1 for The Events Calendar) and let us know if this actually makes the issue right in your site.

More details on the release → Maintenance Release: The Events Calendar and Event Tickets 4.4.1, plus premium add-ons

Best,
    Nico

Rafael
    Participant

Hi Nico, thanks for the update.

Yes, the new plugin version does in fact fix the issue on my website. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Best,

Rafael

Hunter

Awesome! I appreciate the update and glad to hear the issue has been resolved. Please open a new thread if you have any more questions. Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘WP Comments has dissapeared after last update’ is closed to new replies.