WordPress database error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO WordPress database error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mcnultyco
    Participant

I have run into the same issue as this thread which was closed without resolution.
    The error message in the events (view) tab: WordPress database error: [The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay]
    The site is for a group who owns several movie theaters. Each event is a showtime at its respective venue. We have input 420 showtimes so far I expect to have several thousand entries with in the next few months. We can no longer sort or apply filters to the event display to check our work. Please advise.

The full error message contains the query string, if you need that I can provide it. I am open to workflow suggestions to reduce the number of posts needed.

Barry

Hi mcnultyco,

Can you try adding this snippet (you probably can drop the opening <?php tag however) to your theme’s functions.php file and see if that helps?

mcnultyco
    Participant

Success, thank you!

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know, mcnultyco. 🙂

I’m going to close this thread for now, but please open a new one if anything else comes up.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress database error’ is closed to new replies.