WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'wpno_postmeta.meta_value' in 'field l

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'wpno_postmeta.meta_value' in 'field l

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Roger.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Roger
    Participant

At the top of my Events month view page (bmwmoc.org/events ) I am now getting an error message:
    “WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘wpno_postmeta.meta_value’ in ‘field list’]
    SELECT DISTINCT wpno_posts.*, MIN(wpno_postmeta.meta_value) as EventStartDate, MIN(tribe_event_end_date.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM wpno_posts LEFT JOIN wpno_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( wpno_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND wpno_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (wpno_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘closed’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-success’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-failed’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-schedule’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-pending’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-draft’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘private’ OR wpno_posts.post_status = ‘hidden’) ORDER BY EventStartDate DESC, wpno_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 1 ”

WHY?
    How do I fix it?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roger!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with that issue.

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Also, this can be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to make sure we are not dealing with a conflict, please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

We suggest you setup a dev/staging site so you can make all these tests without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full backup of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Roger
    Participant

I DID ” enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log
    file inside the /wp-content directory.” as you wanted.
    I have attached that debug.log file to this email reply.

Before creating that log file I had DEactivated the two most recently
    installed Plug-ins, WP Mailster and User Submitted Posts

I am crossing my fingers for some easy solution besides a different
    Calendar plugin.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roger!

Thanks for coming back to us.

Unfortunately, we are not able to receive files sent over email replies. Please post your reply using the frontend form and attach the file with it.

Bear in mind you won’t be able to send .txt files, so please first compress the debug.log file into a zip file and then send it to us. If any problem uploading the file, you can always paste the error logs directly in a private reply.

Besides the log files, did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Please let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Roger
    Participant

Would it be advisable to completely deactivate and completely REMOVE The
    Events Calendar and Event Agregator then reinstall both of them?

I would be OK with that method if it would be easier fix. Please advise.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roger!

You could try to remove and install The Events Calendar from scratch to see if any difference. The Event Aggregator functionality is built inside The Events Calendar plugin, so no need to worry about that.

Bear in mind, that if you delete the plugin and install again, you might need to enter your Event Aggregator license key again by going to Events > Settings > Licenses tab, so that your imports continue to work. You can always get your license key by going to your licenses page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/license-keys/

If re-installing the plugin from scratch does not solve the issue, I recommend you go through the steps provided in the Testing for Conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/. It is a set of troubleshooting steps to ensure you are not dealing with a theme or plugin conflict.

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

We also highly encourage to make a full backup of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Please let me know how that goes and if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Victor

Roger
    Participant

I have NOT had any response from you since my last reply to you on Feb 13.

PLEASE respond with a solution.

OR
    Tell me how to Completely remove the plugin and then reinstall it all
    again since that might solve my current problem (yes/no ?)

Please answer with a solution BEFORE MY SUPPORT RUNS OUT

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

I have posted my response, you can see it here > https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wordpress-database-error-unknown-column-wpno_postmeta-meta_value-in-field-l/#dl_post-1458016

The email notification for my last response might have been sent to spam. Remember you can always see your support tickets by logging into our site and navigating to My Account > My Support Tickets

If you want to try re-installing the plugin, I’d recommend the following article that explains how to manually update your plugins, which is equivalent to delete and install again.

If re-installing the plugin does not solve the issue, I suggest you go through our Testing for Conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/.

Please let us know how that goes so we can further assist.

Thanks,
    Victor

Roger
    Participant

Upon further testing I find that the conflicting plugin is:
    WP Mailster Free

The Mailing List Plugin For WordPress
    Version 1.5.7.0 | By brandtoss

My problem disappears when I deactivate it.

You’re “stonewalling me” with continuing to be non-responsive to my tech
    support request produced the solution BUT I DON’T LIKE THE TACTIC.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Roger,

Thanks for performing those tests and for following up with this.

I’m sorry to hear that you feel that way with our support responses.

We strive to make our plugins broadly compatible. However, sometimes “conflicts” can occur. This happens when code from one plugin or theme conflicts with another plugin or theme.

To identify the source of the conflict, we always ask to test for conflicts first. This allows to narrow the problem down to a specific theme or plugin, so we can help find a solution for the conflict.

In your specific case, it seems you could narrow the error down to the WP Mailster Free plugin.  Besides the database error, are there any functionalities of our plugins being affected? If so, please let us know which ones so we can try to reproduce the error on our end and help you find a solution for it.

If no functionality is being affected by this error, you can prevent the error (and any other errors that might occur) from showing up in the frontend of your site by disabling WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY > https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY.

To accomplish this, you need to edit your wp-config.php file and under:

$table_prefix = 'wp_';

paste the following code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The above is a recommended setting for live sites so that end users don’t see any errors showing up in your site.

Please let me know how that goes and if you have any questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘WordPress database error: [Unknown column 'wpno_postmeta.meta_value' in 'field l’ is closed to new replies.