WooTickets Registration – Extra fields

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets Registration – Extra fields

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ashley
    Participant

We’re working on a site that hosts and sells tickets to one annual event. We need to base the checkout / registration form on their existing site – http://www.trialogue.co.za/assets/pdf/Conference%20registration%20form_2013.pdf

So the checkout process will require extra fields such as ‘delegate type’, ‘dietary requirements’, ‘preferred name on name tag’ and quite a few more. What would be the best way to capture these extra fields when purchasing a ticket?

Please note that there are also other products (not tickets) that are also sold on the site – these extra fields should only display and be captured when purchasing a ticket.

Would appreciate any advice on the best way to achieve this.

Thanks

Ashley
    Participant

I found most of what I was looking for in the WooCommerce codex – http://docs.woothemes.com/document/tutorial-customising-checkout-fields-using-actions-and-filters/ . I’ve been able to add the specific fields I need to the checkout form.

However, we’ll need to display these extra fields only when purchasing an event ticket (and not the other products) – is there some sort of condition I could use to check whether the product being purchased is an event ticket?

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Ashley,

This thread might be of interest here, it’s pretty long so you may want to jump to this entry which contains a snippet of code and the context of where to use it.

JP’s solution in that same thread could also be worth looking at 🙂

Ashley
    Participant

Thanks Barry. Managed to solve this (by checking the current product ids in the $woocommerce cart object.)

Barry

Great 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets Registration – Extra fields’ is closed to new replies.