Adding extra names when multiple tickets are purchased

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding extra names when multiple tickets are purchased

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    J-P
    Participant

Hi,

It looks like this may be in a future update but it is critical that purchasers be able to enter details for other attendees when they are buying multiple tickets.

Any clues on where we can make these changes ourselves prior to it being part of an update?

Thanks

Barry

There are probably many different ways to accomplish this, might be worth looking at implementing customer order fields (via WooCommerce) in the first instance.

J-P
    Participant

Hi,

I assumed by the ability to generate an attendee list that some facility to collect all the names would be there. It seems that a lot of people have a need for this.

Does anyone specifically know how this function can be added? Where there might be a guide?

Thanks.

ldsamcap
    Participant

We need this as well.

Barry

I can’t help with any interim solutions – though we can of course keep this thread open for you guys to discuss ideas – but I can say that we expect this to be rolled in to our WooTickets 2.0 release (the schedule for which is unconfirmed at this time).

So I made a bit of an error above, what we are actually looking at including in 2.0 is the purchaser name/email address (in the attendee list) rather than tools to solicit and record individual attendee names. It would however be great to hear back from everyone about use cases where they need this functionality – from our perspective for instance when we look at existing ticketing services they rarely seem to request or allow for individual attendee names; instead one person would buy 1 or more tickets and distribute them as he or she liked.

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

Hi,
    Any further update on this?
    This seems like a rather obvious feature to go hand in hand with an attendee list. If you have a conference, you need the names of everybody that will attend, not just the purchaser’s name times 5.

Regards

Barry

There’s no update: this potentially may be added to a future release (which is why it’s good to hear about possible use cases) but we have no firm plans to do so at this time.

bm45
    Participant

I am using Wootickets to implement a booking system for paying guests on skippered yacht charter. The way I have decided to collect the names of all the people for which tickets have been booked is to add a gravity form (with conditional logic for up to 10 guests)on the thank-you page of the checkout. I know its a bit clunky, but at least I get to collect the data I need. Might be worth having a look at J-P.

Matt

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

Hi Matt
    Thank you, I was going to try and use Gravity to accomplish this, but you put me in the right direction.
    Do you mind posting a link to your site?
    I am trying to mimic my installation of EventEspresso on this site: http://www.moonstone.co.za/events/
    You will see how one can easily add more attendees and the total gets calculated depending on the amount of fields used.

Will post here with my results
    Anybody else with an alternative solution, let us know please.
    Many thanks

J-P
    Participant

I still think it does not make sense to not be able to add multiple attendees as part of the Wootickets extension.
    The product page should be specific about not being able to generate an attendee list that actually has the names of al attendees – I find it a bit misleading.
    I have purchased this extension but had to purchase an alternative because Wootickets cannot generate a proper attendee list.
    This should really be a priority to fix.

Mike
    Participant

I will add my name to the ring for this as a feature request. I need to know who is coming at the door, not who bought the ticket.

Schalk Joubert
    Participant
    Barry

Thanks Schalk; guys please do vote on UserVoice rather than posting here if you wish to suggest features/support existing requests. Thanks!

Rob

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback here; Barry passed this along my way and I wanted to respond to give you an “official” overview of where we are with this and why you don’t see attendee names as an option on the current release. Right off the bat let me say thank you for the feedback and for making clear this is something you see value in. We appreciate your feedback and are listening to it: there are a number of high-level discussions going on within the team right now, all related to feedback we received here on the forum, which will drive the future of the product. I did want to clarify some confusion here, though…because when I see terms like “this should be a priority to fix,” it raises a bit of a red flag in my mind as this is by no means a bug. The current functionality is by design and exists as a reminder of this plugin’s purpose: a simple ticketing tool, not a full-fledged events management system.

Since the launch of WooTickets, we’ve had requests for attendee names per-ticket and are looking at the best way to implement it now. We’ve got some more pressing changes to the plugin (an updated/more usable attendee list, and move to an entirely new and more flexible format for the PDF tickets) coming first but this is something that we’ve got on the radar and are actively discussing.

We shipped 1.0 without this functionality for a few reasons. Mainly, as I noted above, our intent was never to make a complete event management solution. (If we did it’d be a much more feature-rich plugin that would unfortunately have to cost substantially more). Instead it is merely a tool for frontend users to buy tickets to events, and for site admins to keep track of who those tickets went to. The idea of different names for attendees is cool, but is tricky since it also verges on being more high-level event management. When I buy a ticket through a web-based ticketing solution like Ticketmaster, I’m not presented with an option to set specific attendee names: I buy the tickets, and can do with them what I wish. But as far as the ticket service and venue are concerned, the tickets I bought are mine (even if technically they’re going to be used by myself, my wife, my cousin, etc…the venue doesn’t really care about this). That was our reasoning as we looked to industry standards with releasing this plugin.

That said, based on user feedback we are definitely looking into what it’d take to implement this. It may not be immediate but it’s one of our more commonly-mentioned feature requests and we want to meet demand in a way that serves your needs, makes sense and is flexible with both The Events Calendar and WooCommerce (the latter of which we tap into heavily for the WooTickets plugin).

All that to say…know that we are listening. I hope this helps and sheds some light on the situation. If it doesn’t make sense, or if you have other questions / comments / complaints, my “door” is always open. Please don’t hesitate to send an email to rob /a/ tri.be and I’ll respond directly from there. Thanks, too, for your support and continued use of The Events Calendar.

J-P
    Participant

Thanks Rob.
    If it helps to know I did seek out an alternative and pay more for the ability to add the details of extra attendees, so you could look at charging more if you went that way.
    The thing about Wootickets that appeals to me is that it does tie into Woocommerce and when the site is also selling products you then have all your sales going through the one shopping cart rather than having events and products acting independently. Through Woocommerce you also have the ability to integrate a lot more payment gateways. This is where Wootickets has value to me over a separate events plugin.
    Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding extra names when multiple tickets are purchased’ is closed to new replies.