Adding extra names when multiple tickets are purchased

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding extra names when multiple tickets are purchased

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    J-P
    Participant

So we can now collect name, email and phone number through the plugin we did for Wooticket orders (viewable as extra fields when looking at an order). We’ve also just made some changes today so it will show multiple instances where a purchase has been made for multiple tickets https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9mNgsEsKZGrcFJBcC1ONnFZUVk/edit?usp=drive_web (although each instance shows the same information with details of all attendees).

Any guidance on how we can now show attendee names without having to open each order and also how to export an attendee list? Or better yet, a while back there was mention of adding this into an update of WooTickets, so is there any chance this might be coming soon?

Thanks.

Barry

Hi J-P,

Sounds like you’ve done some fantastic work on your plugin, I’ll need to take a moment to check out the latest version.

A while back there was mention of adding this into an update of WooTickets, so is there any chance this might be coming soon?

To clarify, we will be adding purchaser names and emails to the attendee list – but individual attendee names (and other details) are however a different kettle of fish and you should not expect them to be present in the next release.

With regards to the timeframe for these changes it will be pegged to the release of The Events Calendar 3.0 – we don’t have an official release date for that at this time but we expect it to be within the next two months or thereabouts 🙂

Any guidance on how we can now show attendee names without having to open each order and also how to export an attendee list?

You could add a meta box to the event editor and display them there or, if you’re feeling adventurous, you could investigate adding columns to the existing attendee list table.

If you’re looking into the latter approach (since so far as I am aware there aren’t currently any dedicated hooks to help with this) then you might explore setting up code to run early on the tickets-attendees page hook and take things from there.

Cheers,

Barry

Barry

I stand corrected on one of my last points – Daniel, one of our devs, points out that the attendee list is a regular WP list table and can be customized like any other.

While we can’t guide you through that process it hopefully gives you an ‘in’ that you can research or take to a developer.

informationstreet
    Participant

I would like to add my support for this feature – the size of companies using WooTickets is likely to be the sort of company that runs smaller events, and needs to be able to communicate with each attendee individually. As such there has to be a way to add their name and email address. We are currently using the new WooCommerce Infusionsoft Gateway, which will send all the order details to InfusionSoft, and the customer has asked us to find out how to create a new record in InfusionSoft for each attendee so they can be set up on a campaign – which is very sensible marketing.

I will go and vote for this feature as shown above, but wanted to make my requirements known along with the others on this thread.

Barry

That’s a good point (re typical users and size of operation) and we appreciate you taking the time to post.

Barry

So with thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread I’m going to go ahead and mark it as closed.

At least for the next release of WooTickets this sort of customization (individual attendee names and other details) remain something that hasto be added by customization or by using a third-party plugin – such as the one J-P kindly made available.

Do know however that we have definitely taken on board the general sentiment that some more baked-in features in this regard are desirable to quite a number of you – and we also encourage you to use our UserVoice page to share your opinions going forward.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding extra names when multiple tickets are purchased’ is closed to new replies.