WooTickets not working as expected

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets not working as expected

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Thanks 🙂

So, I visited your site and first looked at your test event (test new ticket, March 10) and then at a further event (semi finals, July 6). The ticket form was visible for both of those and I was successfully able to add tickets to the cart – and was then taken to the WooCommerce cart page as expected.

So, it seems to be working. Are there other specific events for which this is not happening/am I misunderstanding the problem?

tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Try weekly pass, singles finals…..
    Why is it that when I select the event on the event calendar, nothing happens? Should it not go to the event?
    Also, I get the following error when I select to view Tickets (shop)
    Shop all tickets
    Showing the single result
    Fatal error: Call to a member function is_visible() on a non-object in /home/trem1731/public_html/kelownafuturestennis.com/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/content-product.php on line 25

Thanks

tremblayly
    Participant

…aslo day pass does not work

Barry

So we might need to break this out into separate threads if there are lots of different issues, but for the time being let’s look at each point in turn.

Try weekly pass, singles finals…

If you look at the ticket settings for the Pro Circuit Weekly Pass event you will see that the Start Date for ticket sales is set to sometime in May. The ticket form will only display when the page is visited on a date lying within the start/end date range that you specified (in that case, May 31 to July 7).

If you need the ticket form to be visible now then please adjust this field to today’s/yesterday’s date.

Why is it that when I select the event on the event calendar, nothing happens? Should it not go to the event?

Yes it should and it does for me.

Are you perhaps clicking on the event title within the tooltip? If so, that isn’t actually a link – though you could turn it into one.

Also, I get the following error when I select to view Tickets (shop)

I’m not sure why you are seeing that error, I’d suggest running through the basic troubleshooting steps again purely in relation to this issue. I can’t replicate it locally – if it persists, please create a new thread and we’ll address this problem there.

…aslo day pass does not work

Looks like the same problem as with the week pass … if you take a look at the start sale/end sale dates you’ll see we are still a month or two away from the start date.

tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Updated all events start date to yesterday. Viewing them looks good.
    The tooltip was where I was trying to link because it’s covers most of the calendar text. How difficult would it be to add the link from the tooltip as well?
    As for the shop error I’ve just fixed the problem.
    Thank you so very much for your patience.
    Lyse

Barry

How difficult would it be to add the link from the tooltip as well?

Not massively 🙂 You would first need to read up on the following (if you haven’t already done so):

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/what-are-template-overrides-and-how-do-i-do-them/

In broad terms though you would edit your custom copy of table.php and replace this line (around line 135):

<h5 class="tribe-events-event-title"><?php the_title();?></h5>

With:

<h5 class="tribe-events-event-title"><a href="<?php tribe_event_link(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h5>

tremblayly
    Participant

Thank you, I will give this a try a bit later!
    Lyse

Barry

Great!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets not working as expected’ is closed to new replies.