WooTickets not working as expected

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets not working as expected

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    tremblayly
    Participant

Hi,
    I just purchased WooTickets and The Events Calendar Pro. I also installed WooCommerce. I following the beginners instructional videos but nothing displays related to the tickets/products created. I don’t see the “add to cart” on the event pages.
    Search the forum but could not find quite my issue explained….
    Help much appreciated to get started.
    Lyse

Barry

Hello Lyse,

If you have literally just set things up then there’s a good chance this is due to incompatibility with WooCommerce 2.0.

We’re working as fast as we can to produce a version of WooTickets that is compatible, though (you’ll see some related threads elsewhere on the WooTickets forum about this).

Can you confirm if this is the problem (the easiest way is to log in to your WordPress dashboard, then navigate to the list of plugins and check what version of WooCommerce you are using).

tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I confirm that I am at WooCommerce v2.0.1. I understand the incompatibilities, but since I’m just starting, I would expect my support to be extended for as long as it will take you to get this working. I would think this is not going to take too too long.
    Thanks for the prompt response.
    Lyse

Barry

Hopefully it will not take too long – if at all possible it will be released this week (as my colleague Rob suggested in another thread).

Thanks for your patience!

Barry

Hi Lyse – WooTickets 1.0.1 is now available and supports both WooCommerce 2.0.1 and also the earlier WooCommerce 1.6.x series.

I hope that addresses your concerns but please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to help here.

tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Upgraded WooTickets to 1.0.1 but still nothing works. I see my event tickets were added as products, but that’s it.
    Lyse

mattyd247
    Participant

I’m also having this problem. Just upgraded to Woocommerce 2.0.2, I’m running the latest Events Calendar and have just downloaded the latest Wootickets. No tickets are showing on the event page. Really not impressed after spending money on this plugin.!!!

Barry

Hi Lyse: unfortunately I can’t see the problem on your site because it’s protected by HTTP authentication.

Mattyd247: sorry to hear you are having difficulties – please feel free to monitor this thread but it may be better to create a new one purely for your own situation as we may need you and Lyse to run through different troubleshooting steps and it could quickly get confusing if that’s all packed into this thread.

In both your cases, though, it is definitely worth ensuring you have run through our basic troubleshooting steps:

• Please ensure that your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in-synch … for instance if you are using The Events Calendar 2.0.11 you must also use Events Calendar PRO 2.0.11
    • Deactivate all other plugins (except for those by Modern Tribe plus WooCommerce) and change your theme to a default, unmodified one such as Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve
    • Now test to see if the problem still exists
    • If the problem has been solved by these steps, start reactivating everything one-at-a-time, testing at each point to see if the issue has returned
    • If the issue does return, take note of whichever plugin (or theme) you reactivated immediately before it started again – it’s likely there is a conflict with this item
    tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Deactivated and reactivated The Events Calendar v 2.0.11, The Events Calendar Pro v 2.0.11, and the WooTickets v 1.0.1. I added a new event with a ticket is it appears to work. However, none of my real events and tickets show/work. Any clue or should I redo all of them?
    Thanks
    Lyse

Barry

Possibly, but can you confirm if you ran through the troubleshooting steps I highlighted in my last post (and if you did, did that help at all)?

tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I did not deactivate the plugins that I had before installing any of the events and ticketing plugins. I also did not switch themes.
    Lyse

Barry

OK, well that’s definitely worth trying. If you don’t want to do this because it might disrupt your live site then consider using a staging or testing site.

This should be as close to a duplicate of the live site as possible (though not ideal, you could even install a new copy of WordPress in a sub-directory of your existing hosting account and turn that into a duplicate site): see if you can replicate the problem there, then run through our troubleshooting steps.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to do that, the best I can suggest is recreating your events since based on what you are telling us that would also seem to resolve this.

tremblayly
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Did all of the steps suggested including using a WP default theme. No change. I also tried to recreate my old tickets and it does not work. I deactivated and reactivated Modern Tribe plugins and WooCommerce. Some event and ticketing display information (not well formatted) others not, but the testing ticket seems to display correctly. So I tried updating the testing ticket with one of the event/ticket information from another and when I select to save the update to the ticket, the event page goes into an “update” loop and never recovers, however if I preview the changes, these appear. So I have to get out, my changes to the event are not updated, but the ticket portion if OK.
    I don’t think other plugins or my theme conflict with your products, so I’m going to reactivate them one at a time and continue with my development while you can help find a solution.
    Thanks,
    Lyse

Barry

Can you provide the username/password necessary to see your site (please email me privately at [email protected] and include a link to this thread) and also provide the URLs to specific events where you’ve set up tickets?

If so that would be great.

tremblayly
    Participant

Sent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets not working as expected’ is closed to new replies.