WooCommerce Tickets/Calendar Pro: I can not get tickets to add to cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooCommerce Tickets/Calendar Pro: I can not get tickets to add to cart

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    kloader
    Participant

Ellsworthmedia, kevin from Milton On. I purchased all three products from them, calendar, calendar pro, wootickets, being assured many times it would work for what i need it for, THEY LIED. Nothing works right and these people don’t really want to help. I want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been creating sites since 1995, this is the most over complicated product yet. I GIVE UP.

kevin

Shawn Ellsworth
    Participant

Kevin,

Their product was working great. But now it has mysteriously decided to not update the cart.
    Their team has been responsive and helpful, but I do not a fix and now I need to provide a full test site for them. Too much work. I wish there was an official Woo product.

Shawn

kloader
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get 40 locations, 3 different courses per location, and have the public register and pay to work. BIG PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevin

Rob

Hi folks! I’m Rob, the head of Modern Tribe’s support team. Thanks for the feedback so far in this thread. While I’m not going to address ellsworthmedia’s problems directly since it looks like my colleague Brian has been able to help make some progress there already, I will say this regarding your problem Shawn: usually we only request people set up a dedicated test site when it’s a last resort. I understand that it’s a frustration and I apologize that we don’t have a more streamlined approach. I’d be interested in hearing – since you note that you wish there was an official Woo solution – how Woo themselves handle these types of problems (when they’re unable to recreate and haven’t seen widespread reports of a problem) independent of asking users to set up a test site like this. If they’ve got an approach you’ve found effective, I’d love to see our team follow suit. In the shorter term know that if going this route isn’t something you have time for and you’d prefer to take a refund (so you could use the funds towards a solution more in line with your expectations), let us know and we’ll get that processed. It’d be a shame to see it go that route since I see Brian has been responding quickly + actively to try his best to get this sorted, but I’d totally understand if you felt that route made more sense and want to do right by you here regardless. We’re willing to go whatever is your preferred option.

I am a bit concerned with your comments, though, kloader. It’s clear to me that we’ve upset you with the level of support we’re able to provide. For this, I apologize on behalf of the whole team – our goal is never to leave someone angry, and the fact that you’re feeling that way means we didn’t properly set your expectations or have your back. I’m a bit confused myself as to where the anger comes from: I reviewed your forum activity here, and all I’m seeing is one other thread from you (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ok-i-purchased-events-calendar-pro-so/). Best I can tell the scope of that thread was fairly limited and by the time it wrapped up, your issue had been addressed. Is there other forum activity that I’m not seeing – a thread where we weren’t able to help, a post that went unreplied, etc? If so please let me know. I want to get this relationship back on the right path, but as it stands, I’m not clear on the source of your anger.

That said, I will not tolerate people on the forums here throwing around terms like LIARS, or accusing us of not wanting to help – especially when there is no basis or supporting evidence provided for such comments. We’d be happy to offer you a full refund, as we do all customers, if you’re still within your first 30 days of purchase. (Just send an email to [email protected] and we’ll get the ball rolling on that). But if you’re going to hang around – which I encourage you to do, so we can get your calendar working the way it’s supposed to – I want to set expectations that such hostile postings are unwarranted and inappropriate.

If you’re willing to give our support system another shot, please open a new thread – rather than continue commenting in this one – highlighting the scope of your problems. You have our word that the team will reply in a timely fashion with as substantive an answer as possible.

Shawn Ellsworth
    Participant

Rob – Thanks for you note!

I get that the test server is a last resort when every other avenue has been tried. Your support team has tried to get this fixed and your customer service has been excellent so far. WordPress is great and fast to build with, but when there is a conflict… lookout. I am frustrated as the issue I am having just started after an upgrade of your plugin and the issue goes away when I remove The Events Calendar Pro.

When I say official, it is not a knock on your product, just having something written directly by Woo for Woo might have less potential for conflict with Woo. I should have made that clear.

kloader
    Participant

All i want is software i don’t have to completely reconfigure to make it hopefully work. I am very confident with woocommerce and wordpress but yours is missing options. (see the pdf below)

Here is an example of one location of 8 locations:

http://www.learningcurves.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/M1ExitM2-WeekEnd-at-The-Beach-Daytime-20141.pdf

Every line (March 27 and March 29/30) for example, need to be registered and paid for.

What can I do to modify it a bit?

Kevin

Brian
    Keymaster

Kevin,

I totally get you do not want to completely reconfigure the plugin. My first thought when I hear that is to check on if this is the right tool for what you are trying to do.

Our ticking plugins are very simple so yes they are missing options compared to booking or reservation plugins, but we are not claiming they have these options. The use case for our ticketing plugins is you have one event and would like to sell tickets for it.

When you start getting into multi-day day weekly events our plugin was never designed to handle those. I apologize if that is unclear, I think we can go a better job explaining that on our ticketing project page and working to get that on there ASAP.

To get what you are looking for the Events Tickets would have to support Recurring Events and Recurring Events would have to support custom recurrence both of those are significant projects that we cannot just provide a snippet or two to do. I would love to give you a bit of help, but if we can only help on 1% of a project I am not sure how much good we can do you. Not to mention how frustrating that can be.

You mentioned WooCommerce and I have looked at their booking plugin that seems to me to provide a solution to booking these classes the way you would like it:

http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-bookings/

As much as we would like your business we maybe to far apart on the features we have on our plugins and what you are looking for.

We can always provide a refund if you email us your receipt number to support(at)theeventscalendar.com

Let me know what you would like to do and we can go from there.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

kloader
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rob

Shawn: excellent to hear – and I appreciate the follow-up. We are definitely always open to refining our processes if you ever do see other plugin or theme shops who are doing a good job. Doesn’t sound like that was as much the case here, but the offer stands – we’re by no means married to the current system in such a way that it couldn’t be refined based on feedback from the community.

Kevin: we can totally try to get you back on the right path. Would you mind creating a new thread summarizing your problems, so we can continue to serve Shawn directly in this thread (and can hopefully get you a reply in a more timely fashion along the way)? Thanks in advance!

Shawn Ellsworth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shawn Ellsworth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Thomas
    Participant

It looks like I have the same problem as the title of this thread says:
    I’m using WP 4.1, eventscalendar pro, woocomerce, woocommerce tickets and the Themify-theme “flatshop”. What I found out is as following:
    – the ticket is created as a product in woocommerce. Positioning this product on a page with the Themify.me add-on “woocommerce builder” will result in a correct function of “add to cart”.
    – the same product – used in the “ticket”-section under the event – cannot be added to the cart…

Helps this a little bit – is there any new suggestion to solve this problem?

Many thanks for help!

Shawn Ellsworth
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Tickets/Calendar Pro: I can not get tickets to add to cart’ is closed to new replies.