WooCommerce Tickets and Facebook Events pre-sales questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions WooCommerce Tickets and Facebook Events pre-sales questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Greetings Tribe!

I love the Event Calendar plugin, and have used it on several sites. Very cool. For a current project, we need ticketing functionality, and we are discussing options.

My client used Event Brite last year. They hated the fees, but loved the check-in management features. Honestly, the fees aren’t that much more than our current merchant processor for the website. But the client (and I) also hate Paypal.

The only thing missing from Woocommerce Tickets is a QR code on the tickets. Could you add a little color to the discussion started here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/barcode-and-extra-product-add-ons/#post-955445

We are pretty close to needing a ticketing solution. What is your timeline for release? I’m comfortable working with the beta and providing feedback if need be, and would happily provide any reasonable assistance.

Will there be a separate plug-in?
    Will there be an App or is it a web-driven scanner?

Please feel free to contact me by email if you wish. I am VERY interested.

Facebook Events Question – From what I can gather, this simply takes the Facebook event data and enters it the WordPress DB. I cannot see from the documentation that this plugin posts anything to Facebook (most importantly a link to our website), so if we wanted to publicize an event on Facebook and sell tickets via Events Calendar / WooCommerce, we would need to manually post a link to the appropriate page, is this correct? Would this be the work flow?

Create and post event on FB –> Manually import FB event into Event Calendar (via plugin)–> Event created –> Edit event with link to website’s event page –> Create tickets with ticketing plugin –> STOP

Without the plugin, the work flow would be more logical, with one less step:

Manually create event into Event Calendar–> Create tickets with ticketing plugin –> Event created –> Post event on FB with link to website’s event page –> STOP

Am I missing something? If the plugin uses the Facebook API to send a link to the site, that would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Jason,

It’s nice to meet you. Thanks for the interest in our beta program!

We are pretty close to needing a ticketing solution. What is your timeline for release? I’m comfortable working with the beta and providing feedback if need be, and would happily provide any reasonable assistance.

We do not have a public timeline. I apologize if this inconveniences you. Due to the nature of never knowing when a bug will crop up, and sometimes how long it will take to develop a feature, software development has to play it fast and loose with timelines.

I will pass your email address on to the beta organizer so they can contact you once it’s ready. 🙂 At the moment I do not believe we have finalized plans about whether it will be a separate plugin. But, it’s definitely not a separate app for peoples phones. A simple barcode scanner that most everyone already has will do the trick.

Facebook Events Question – From what I can gather, this simply takes the Facebook event data and enters it the WordPress DB. I cannot see from the documentation that this plugin posts anything to Facebook (most importantly a link to our website), so if we wanted to publicize an event on Facebook and sell tickets via Events Calendar / WooCommerce, we would need to manually post a link to the appropriate page, is this correct? Would this be the work flow?

You are spot on. Our Facebook plugin is an importer, it imports events from Facebook. Not the other way around. The Facebook API has proved somewhat limiting, and so at least as of late last year it was not possible to do anything but import those events. However, we are always keeping an eye out for API changes that would enable a more powerful Facebook tie-in. So at this point posting a link is the best way to go.

Create and post event on FB –> Manually import FB event into Event Calendar (via plugin)–> Event created –> Edit event with link to website’s event page –> Create tickets with ticketing plugin –> STOP

Without the plugin, the work flow would be more logical, with one less step:

Manually create event into Event Calendar–> Create tickets with ticketing plugin –> Event created –> Post event on FB with link to website’s event page –> STOP

You are correct. For circumstance like yours I do not think a Facebook import plugin is going to be useful. Most folks who use the import plugin are not selling tickets via their website. Rather, they have a community manager who posts events to Facebook regularly, and they want an easy way to import those events enmasse.

Does that all make sense? Do you have any further questions or something I can help you with?

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for marking the answer correct, Jason. I am going to archive this topic since it’s resolved. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Tickets and Facebook Events pre-sales questions’ is closed to new replies.