Woocommerce Ticket: never sent to users

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Woocommerce Ticket: never sent to users

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SOPHIE
    Participant

Hi:
    (I have Events Calendar for Woocommerce, running on a WooTheme)
    1- I never get an email confirmation with the ticket in it. All I get is an email confirming the booking, but without the Ticket details (date, venue, time) in it, so it’s kind of useless for users.
    I have deactivated un-used plugins. I have many plugins, so having to get rid of them all (to test for incompatibilities) is a huge issue.

2- Could u let me know what information is contained in the ticket email? I want to make sure the event details are in there (time, date, venue of the event)

I have a Woocommerce template, so I did not expect this big issue.

Is there any setting (I checked them already) I shall change to enable Ticket sending by email?

Thanks

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for creating a separate ticket! I’m happy to help out. 🙂

Here’s an example of what the ticket email will look like for your purchaser:

http://d.pr/i/1hEZx

If these emails aren’t landing in your purchaser’s inbox, can you double check that they haven’t accidentally been filtered into a spam folder?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

SOPHIE
    Participant

Jami, thanks very much for the prompt response – we were starting to worry!
    I found a Ticket in my spam folder (I did try the system to understand what’s going on).
    we’re going to have to warn users about this potential issue.

thanks

SOPHIE
    Participant

Just checking: asking users to add the email address that sends the ticket & other confirmations is sufficient? isn’t it?

I’m asking because I’m often exchanging emails with this email address, so I don’t understand why it’s sent to Spam. FYI The reason for going to spam on the email says: “this email may have not been sent by ‘the email address’ ”

thanks

SOPHIE
    Participant

I meant: “adding it to their contacts list”

Jami
    Blocked

Apologies for the delay, Sophie! I’m so happy to hear the messages were coming through after all.

As for avoiding the spam filters from nabbing them, the best way will be to add your site’s email address to their email client’s white list. Different email clients have different rules when it comes to spam so it’s difficult to understand why yours has been flagged but whitelisting your domain should do the trick.

I’m not sure which email client they’re using but here are instructions for Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo.

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help with anything else.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

SOPHIE
    Participant

Hi Jami:
    so you mean that each customer should white list the email address used to send the ticket to them?
    FYI the email address (used to send the Ticket) is already in my contacts, and the ticket still went to my Spam, so I had to create a filter. It’s quiet an annoyance because: 1-users may not read the advice to check spam 2-filtering is even more complicated/unusual than just adding to contact list.

it happened to me and to several customers. they book a ticket and don’t have a confirmation of the date/venue/time.

COuldn’t u include the Events details (date/time/venue) in the Payment confirmation? it would be much more efficient.At the moment, the system sends 3 emails to users: 1 to confirm booking, 1 to confirm payment, 1 is the Ticket : it’s a lot.

I found this thread (but not sure it could help me): https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/emails-from-woocommerce-tickets-straight-to-spam/

many thanks
    S.

SOPHIE
    Participant

sorry 1 more thing: a valuable customer feedback we have:
    “My only suggestion would be around reviewing a booking once you’ve added it to your cart. Right now, when you go through and select dates to save before paying, you can’t see the dates you’ve selected once they’ve been added so I just had to hope I picked right when paying. Does that make sense? For instance, I wanted to make sure I hadn’t selected any Thursdays by mistake, but I couldn’t do that once I had them in the cart. It also didn’t provide a detailed receipt so if I show up on the wrong day again, just tell me! 🙂 Overall though, I think it is a very well designed system.”
    I am a UX designer. I go through carts regularly. I think users now expect a lot of transparency and flexibility in cart funnels (think Amazon), so I think the above comment (i.e. once you’ve selected a date, you can’t double check it in the cart) makes sense. And on top of that, users (like me and the above) do not receive the Ticket (with events details).
    I have added a note above the Book button to encourage users to check their Spam folders. But I can’t guarantee they will do it. So, if they are like this customer and myself, They will have absolutely no way to double check their booking (other than check their Spam folder).

many thanks

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Sophie,

Generally speaking, the spam filters of email services like Gmail and Yahoo depend heavily on reports from users. Their users can mark and unmark messages as spam, and can move non-spam messages between inbox tabs. In both cases the email service’s spam filter learns from the user corrections and over time automatically adjusts the classification.

You may also want to consider getting in touch with your website hosting provider. It could even be an issue of SPF records not being correctly configured.  You’d need to speak to your hosting provider or whomever facilitates the email delivery for your website.

That’s a good suggestion about consolidating the email messages though. I don’t see it yet in our list of upcoming changes but perhaps you can add this to our User Voice page. It looks like someone else has also suggested the ability for users to look up their ticket directly on the site which you might be interested in too.

I hope the spam classification is only temporary. I would encourage you to also speak to your hosting or email provider and encourage users to whitelist your domain if they’re contacting you about not receiving the ticket emails. If there’s anything that suggest that there is an issue with our ticket emails, we’ll happily take another look.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Ticket: never sent to users’ is closed to new replies.