Emails from WooCommerce Tickets – straight to spam

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Emails from WooCommerce Tickets – straight to spam

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Josh.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    adambowie
    Participant

We are having a terrible time getting the emails delivered to the Inbox when we purchase test tickets.
    The main issue seems to be the content of the message.
    First of all, the HTML version is not matching the text version – in fact, I cannot even see the text version.

Does the unedited version not send a text version that matches the HTML.

If not, what do we need to do?
    If it does, can you help us get it working?

We have a landing page up. To bypass the landing pages, first visit:
    http://tickets.thenashvilleoktoberfest.com/bypass

Then you can go to the actual tickets and see them. Try buy a free ticket and you will see what I mean.
    http://tickets.thenashvilleoktoberfest.com/event/vip-tickets-2014/

adambowie
    Participant

Hi guys – still waiting to hear back on this – can someone help me out?

Josh
    Participant

Hello adambowie,

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the delayed response.

Is this occurring with all emails associated with the transaction or just the ticket emails?  If it is all emails associated with the transaction, you could try using a email delivery service such as SendGrid to see if that helps keep your emails out of the spam folder.

In regards to the text version of emails, I’ll have to follow up with our team on this one to see if I can get more information for you.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however hopefully we can get more information for you as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

adambowie
    Participant

Guys – thanks for the reply. We are using Sendgrid. The issue apparently is that it is sending a text version of the email – but the text version has HTML directly in it. Its as if it is sending the text version as HTML, if that makes sense. This is causing deliverability issues since the HTML and text version don’t match up now (text version should not have html tags in it, etc).

You can test it if you like by purchasing a “free test ticket” here (there is no longer a landing page to bypass first)
    http://tickets.thenashvilleoktoberfest.com/event/vip-tickets-2014/

Josh
    Participant

Hello adambowie,

Thanks for following up with us!

Unfortunately there isn’t a text version of the ticket email built into our plugin currently. By default, the email should be sending as an HTML email. Is there something in the SendGrid settings that is forcing the email to be sent as a plain text version?

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you on this thread.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Emails from WooCommerce Tickets – straight to spam’ is closed to new replies.