WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mcmahant
    Participant

Hi I like what you’ve done with Woocommerce integration. I’d like to be able to add some fields for my user to add some additional information about themselves when they register for an event. Is there a way to do this. I see that Woo offers a “product add-on” extension but it doesn’t seem to integrate with your extension. What would you suggest?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mcmahant. Great question! 🙂

While we don’t have any specific methods to recommend, this thread might help you out: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/customer-custom-fields/#post-64069

Let us know how it goes! 🙂

mcmahant
    Participant

Kelly, I followed the discussion and clicked through all the links. I almost wish you hadn’t pointed me in that direction. 🙁 Now I’m just frustrated with Modern Tribe. I think I might have preferred to be left in the dark.

From what I can tell J-P developed a simple solution that worked in your previous version but no longer offers it because it was broken with your upgrade. He offered it to you and suggested you could easily update it for your newest release. Instead of taking his freely offered solution Rob said that Modern Tribe would not be updating it. The solution to my problem is within reach but you decided not to provide it. Thanks for letting me know :/
    (https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/where-are-you-with-development-of-named-tickets/#post-73471)

It’s my understanding that Woo is about to release WooBookings. I really like your calendar function and the intergration with woocommerce. I’m just disappointed now that I may need to switch my entire system. Frustrating to know that 30 minutes of work is potentially months away from usability.

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks for your candid reply, mcmahant. I certainly apologize if that’s the impression that you took away from reading through the threads.

Adding this kind of functionality is a big priority for us. As soon as we’ve got all the major kinks worked out of the 3.0 product and start work on adding features, this is at the top of this list. The fact that we failed to communicate this properly to you in our previous messaging is unacceptable, and something we won’t let happen again.

I would like to comment on J-P’s 30-minute estimate, because it sounds like that is where the majority of your frustration is coming from. We had our core dev team take a look at the plugin that he wrote, and while it did work for a limited set of use-case scenarios, it was far from a complete solution for all users of WooCommerce Tickets. We do plan to integrate his ideas with the product, but it’s far from a plug-and-play solution for us and will require a good chunk of time to design for, build out, and test appropriately. If we put our name on something, we want to be sure that we can stand behind it all the way.

As we pride ourselves on the level of support we provide our customers, we want to make sure that whatever we release is as bulletproof as we can make it. When we get to that point with supplemental data fields for WooCommerce Tickets, we’ll eagerly share them with you. Until then, there are some solutions out there, and we’re happy to help as best we can as you integrate them with our plugins.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce Product Add-ons’ is closed to new replies.