Woocommerce = not compatible with site

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Woocommerce = not compatible with site

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hey Guys!
    I have finally got everything working quite well I must say, the last bit of trouble I have had is caused by a conflict between Woo-commerce and a slider plug in called “Slider Revolution”. I was curious if there was a way to create an alternative payment process other than Woo-commerce? Perhaps I could link them to a paypal page or something?

Geoff

Hey Michael,

So glad to hear things are coming together!

There are definitely other ecommerce plugins that will integrate with Event Tickets Plus, including:

Any of those will also provide a number of possible payment gateways for you to integrate, including PayPal.

Will one of those be a better fit for your site?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Yeah, I am sure one of these will be compatible with my theme. I am just curious how I would set this up. I haven’t seen a tutorial on how this premium plugin really works just yet. Any resources would be appreciated!

Geoff

Hey Michael, thanks for following up!

We have a handful of tutorials on Event Tickets Plus for you here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase-category/tickets-plus-features/

Configuring the plugin with any of the ecommerce plugins is pretty minimal — once the plugin is active, it will allow you to start creating tickets as Products in the ecommerce plugin immediately.

As far as configuring the ecommerce plugin to a payment gateway, that’s really dependent on the ecommerce plugin itself. So, for example, Easy Digital Downloads and Shopp both have options to integrate with PayPal but they both will likely have a different means of doing so and the best place to refer to those methods is directly on their sites. Here’s Easy Digital Download’s PayPal extension, which includes information on it and where to find setup instructions to get it working with EDD.

Does this help at all? Let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Awesome customer service, thank you so much Geoff!
    I actually just teamed up with Gravity forms and am hoping to create a more custom “Create Event” form for my users and a better “RSVP” form for those wanting to RSVP to the event. I know Gravity Forms has an Authorize.NET add-on, so that may be cheaper for us. Just out of curiosity, have you seen anyone building custom Gravity Forms that feed into the Events Calendar? I love what you guys have done as far as the calendar, filter bar, and tickets. But, I think one area you guys could improve on is creating more custom forms for creating events.
    Thanks again Geoff!

Geoff

My pleasure and happy to help!

I haven’t seen a whole lot of complex integrations with Gravity Forms, to be honest. I actually think it would be pretty complicated to grab the submission data from a form and turn that into a new event post, but maybe that’s only because I haven’t dived into it at any great length.

We do have the Community Events add-on that will allow your guests to submit events to the calendar from the front-end of your site — with or without needing to log into WordPress. It basically pulls the event editor and makes it accessible on the website. You could use the custom fields that come with Events Calendar PRO to create extra fields on event submission and CSS for styling, but maybe that’s not enough customization for you at the moment? Thought I’d throw it out there just in case. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Thanks again Geoff!
    I have decided to stick with the community bundle instead of going with gravity forms.
    My only problem that I seem to be facing is that I cannot delete RSVP tickets, Also when I hover on Events on my admin top bar, and click settings or filter bar or community events..it takes me to a page :
    http://robwordpress.gracegc.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=tribe-common&post_type=tribe_events
    and says “Cannot load tribe-common.” I don’t know if this is a known bug, but I figured I should let you guys know this. Oh also, when I go to the ticket, I click delete on an attendee, and it says that it deletes, the attendee, but the attendee still appears on my attendees list.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Michael.
    Geoff

Hey Michael,

Oh shoot, sorry for the trouble with loading screens on the back end and with deleting RSVP tickets!

It looks like a few of the plugins on your site aren’t up to the latest versions — will you please try updating to see if that makes a difference? Using when there is an error citing “tribe-common” that means there is an issue with conflicting versions of the plugins and reinstalling helps out.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Not a problem at all!
    If I do reinstall my 2 bundles, will this wipe all of my events?
    I just want to make sure I don’t mess everything up, by deleting all the plugins and reinstalling them?

Geoff

That’s a totally fair and excellent question — glad you asked!

Your data will remain intact, even if you delete the plugins and reinstall them with fresh copies. Still, it’s never a bad idea to backup your site’s files and data anytime there’s an update to your site, whether it’s our plugins, the theme or WordPress itself.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Ahh perfect! Thanks Geoff

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks a ton for following up — I’m really happy that everything’s working smoothly with the updates. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please do reach out if any other questions pop up and we’d be more than happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce = not compatible with site’ is closed to new replies.