Woocommerce Deposit Option Not working with Event Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Woocommerce Deposit Option Not working with Event Tickets Plus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mahanna
    Participant

It seems like this might be related to the closed thread titled Event Tickets Plus 4.4.1 breaks WooCommerce Deposits plugin. I have the tickets set to allow for the site wide deposit options, but at checkout the system is still charging the full price. Is there something else that needs to be set in the product itself?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue with the WooCommerce Deposits plugin. It seems it could be a similar issue as the one you mention, but unfortunately, that user never came back with a copy of the plugin so we can test it out.

Like George said in this thread, could you please share with us in a private reply a copy of the WooCommerce Deposits plugin? This way we can take a look and make a few tests for ourselves and see if we can spot the conflict.

Of course, this could take us a couple of days or more to test after you provide us with the plugin, but we’ll try to help as much posible.

Thanks,
    Victor

David
    Participant

Hi

Similarly to Jennifer, I cannot get WooCommerce Deposits to work with Event Tickets Plus. I am happy to share a copy of the plugin, below.

David

David
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer! Hi David!

David, thanks for chiming in and sending us a copy of the plugin.

I’ve made a few tests with it and it seems to work by adding the deposit options directly in the products page, which is a template our plugins currently do not use. So, for the moment we do not have a built in way to make this plugin work with tickets right away.

There is a workaround to make it work by making a bit of a customization with how the tickets are showed in the event page. This approach is described in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/selling-tickets-from-the-woocommerce-products-page/

This way, you could redirect users to the tickets product page before adding the ticket to the cart, thus enabling the posibility to make a deposit for that ticket.

I hope that helps!

Cheers!
    Victor

Jennifer Mahanna
    Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately the person who originally submitted the ticket is unable to find/access what ever act was used for the initial woo deposit purchase and no longer has the file download either. That being said as she handed the trouble shooting process over to me this was one statement made about the state of woo deposits… can you confirm this statement that woo deposit is no longer a supported plug in? Not because we choose not to repay the annual cost BUT because its a product you will no longer support?

“I hesitated purchasing the Plugin again as the product is no longer supported and from an inquiry last year when we had an issue, it would no longer be supported. “

Now although we cannot find the original download, If I could send the license key (which I think I saw on the back end, would that assist in any way?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello there!

Thanks for coming back!

First, let me clarify that we do not develop the WooCommerce deposit plugin nor we give support for it. We asked

David here, kindly provided us with a copy of the plugin to see if we could find a workaround for it to work with our Event Tickets Plus plugin. We did posted a workaround above your response. Will that work out for you?

Let us know about it, and don’t hesitate to ask any other questions and we’d be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Woocommerce Deposit Option Not working with Event Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.