WooCommerce 3.0.0 – safe to upgrade?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooCommerce 3.0.0 – safe to upgrade?

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by paulcrawford.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    paulcrawford
    Participant

Hi
    Just seen major update for WooCommerce go live today.
    Has anybody tested ET+ with 3.0.0 yet?
    Is it safe to upgrade?
    Thanks
    Paul

iaingraydon
    Participant

I’ve just upgraded to WooCommerce 3.0 on one of my client’s site and it resulted in dozens of errors. At this stage I can’t say that it has anything to do with the Events Calendar, but rolling back to the previous version of WooCommerce sorted it out. I’d hang off if I were you.

paulcrawford
    Participant

Just updated on a test site that isn’t running Events Calendar and gave loads of error messages as well, mainly when looking at individual products.
    Best to wait for 3.0.1 🙂

Courtney

Hi Paul & @iaingradon

Our team is currently working through testing our plugins with WooCommerce. I’d hold off until we release an update on Event Tickets Plus. Thanks!

Courtney 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

We just wanted to let you know that there is a potential fix for the WooCommerce 3.0 related issues in our Event Tickets Plus 4.5 pre-release.

You should read this before doing any upgrades.

Then, you can grab the zip file here > Event Tickets Plus 4.5 pre-release zip

Best!

Victor

Brad Leng
    Participant

Hi Victor, I see a lot of threads about WC3.0 issues and the fix (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/woocommerce-3-0-users-read-this/) but I’m concerned about installing this update to a live site given it feels (please no offense) a little rushed.

What is the procedure for adding the “Early Access” (or pre-release) version of Event Tickets Plus (Event Tickets Plus 4.4.5RC1)? Is it best to unzip the file and upload via FTP, overwriting existing files? Will all data be preserved? Should it be uploaded via the “Add New” plugins option?

Please provide additional steps on adding this fix.

Thanks,
    Robb.

Courtney

Hi Bradden, Paul, and @iaingradon

We’ve just released the full update. You should now be safe to run the update, though testing is always advised. See https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-event-tickets-plus-4-4-5/ for more information.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘WooCommerce 3.0.0 – safe to upgrade?’ is closed to new replies.