Woo Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Woo Tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

I see WooTickets is retired and our subscription expires in 4 days. How compatible is Events Tickets Plus? Can i just remove the old WooTickets plugin and install Events Tickets Plus?

Geoff B.

Hello again George,

That is a great question.

Event Tickets Plus was actually built on the code from WooTickets, so it is very compatible and even offers many new features.

The proper way to migrate to Event Tickets Plus is detailed here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

George
    Participant

Thank you, Geoff. I will read that post. FYI – I updated Events Calendar and Calendar PRO and the ability to purchase tickets on site was wiped clean, even though I still have 4 days left of the license for WooTickets. Fortunately I was able to restore a backup and fix to keep the site running for now.

George
    Participant

Oh boy. I followed those instructions and when I got up to – Deactivate your legacy ticketing plugin (e.g. WooCommerce Tickets) – the site crashed and I get blank white screens with HTTP ERROR 500. This makes restoring from back up problematic. Any advice?

George
    Participant

Hi Geoff, I was able to reactivate the WooTickets plugin and restore the site. It seems that plugin is part of the customized theme code a programmer built. Can we get an extension on the WooTickets plugin we are using until we figure out how to solve this issue? We only have 4 days before expiration at this point. Another 30 days would be helpful.

George
    Participant

Hello? Can I get some help please and answers to my request?

Geoff B.

Good evening George,

I am very sorry to hear this was not a smooth experience on your end.

It does sound like there is some pretty heavy customization at play in your WordPress theme.
    I can’t promise anything, but I would like to take a look.

Could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link  in a private reply (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

As for the extension, you actually do not need one. The WooTickets plugin should continue to work as it does currently even if the license is expired. Also, it should not have any update at this point.

Let me know if I can help you with something else on this topic.

Also, please note that unfortunately our support forums are typically closed on weekends.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hi again George,

Thank you for the files. Are you sure this is all of it ?
    It looks like there might be a child theme or that this is a child theme.

In any case, I do not see any the Events Calendar related customizations in these files.

Thank you for the invitation to login. Unfortunately, our policy does not allow us to log in to clients websites for several reasons, including liability.

That being said, I did go ahead and extend your license a tad.

The good news is that what I told you about WooTickets is also true for the Events Calendar products. Even after their expiry, they continue to work. The only thing is that you won’t be able to update them and that you should not update any other plugin from the the Events Calendar family.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening George,

I took a look at hybopress.

To make a long story short, you have 3 options ahead of you:

1. Keep everything working exactly as it is now, understanding that you can’t update anything (at least as far as our plugins are concerned) and that at some point in the future our plugin may break with new versions of WordPress
    2. Completely remove the customizations that impact ticket handling. That means that you will lose the custom work done, but will have a fully functioning theme with Event Tickets Plus
    3. Hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Ideally, it would be better if you have access to a staging / test server for option 2.

What you need to do is to get rid of the following folders and files for option 2:

1. hybopress/tribe-events/wootickets/
    2. Maybe /hybopress/tribe-events/tickets/
    3. Maybe /hybopress/tribe-events/wootickets/woocommerce or parts of it

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Woo Tickets’ is closed to new replies.