Widget has endless spinner with after PRO 4.4.17 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widget has endless spinner with after PRO 4.4.17 update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tim Callahan-Cross
    Participant

Hello! First time an update has yielded something strange.

Here’s a screenshot to see what the widget is doing. Giant endless spinner and won’t filter through dates clicked on the widget.
    Functionality on actual calendar is fine.

WordPress is at latest version. I’ve removed the widget from the homepage for now (only place it lives) and created a duplicate, private page for support to look at if needed.

Thanks in advance: great product otherwise!

Patricia

Hey Tim,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please send me the link to the private page so I can check if there is a specific JavaScript error causing the problem?

I would suggest you to send the link via private reply.

Thanks!

Patricia

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

I’m having the same issue, but it looks to be with any site using the theme Ultimatum. Please advise if there is something that will fix. The Event Calendar is at 4.5.12.2 but PRO stopped working after 4.4.15. Looks to be an issue with the PRO plugin.

Patricia

Hey Chris,

I’m very sorry to know you are experiencing this issue as well!

I would suggest you to use Chrome Developer Tools to spot any console errors in your site. Access the page where you are experiencing this issue (using Google Chrome) and press F12. After that click on the Console menu and send us a screenshot / let us know if you see any errors in there. You will find further information about Chrome Developer tools here.

If you see any errors in the console, I would suggest you to run a Conflicts Test by temporarily deactivating all of your plugins (except The Events Calendar) and changing your current active theme to another one like Twenty Seventeen and let us know if the issue persists after that.

I’m asking this to confirm if the error is associated with Ultimatum theme in your case: there are some customers reporting the same issue and they don’t have this theme enabled/installed.

I hope this helps! Let me know your test results and I’ll be happy to further investigate your case if necessary.

Best Regards,

Patricia

Tim Callahan-Cross
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

Hey Tim,

Thanks for sharing your page with us!

Can you please run this test and let me know if it helps to solve your problem? I would recommend Chris to follow these steps as well:

1- Access your server via FTP and head over to wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/resources/js

2- Rename the existing widget-calendar.min.js file to something else like old_widget-calendar.min.js

3- Create a new file called widget-calendar.min.js and add the code from the following snippet:

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/0ab178c459f4a45350250a045e393c46

I only added the “async : false” value on line 97. I believe that for some reason the ajax.success function is not being called.

If this change doesn’t help to solve your problem, could you please send me your theme files in a private reply so I can run some tests from my end?

Thanks!

Patricia

Tim Callahan-Cross
    Participant

Hi Patricia, I can do this no problem, but before I do… I just updated to the latest Events Pro (4.4.17), does your snippet still stand?

Patricia

Hi Tim!

You can use the same snippet, no problem at all, it was built based on Events Calendar PRO version 4.4.17.

I hope this helps to solve your problem! Let me know your test results.

Regards,

Patricia

Tim Callahan-Cross
    Participant

Hi Patricia I added in the new file with no change in results. I will send along the Theme (and child theme) files to you privately. Just writing this one here in case anyone in the future is following along in this thread.

Tim Callahan-Cross
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chris Claghorn
    Participant

Thanks Tim, I have a handful of sites still having the same issue after using any version of Event Calendar Pro after 4.4.15. The only common factor is they all use a parent theme of Ultimatum and they are all seeing the issue with the calendar widget. The suggestion didn’t work for me either.

Patricia

Hi Tim,

I’m getting a 502 Bad Gateway error when buildpress-child theme is enabled in my own WordPress install, so I’m not able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing at this moment: can you please make sure that you sent all files and directories associated with your theme and child theme as well? Perhaps a file is missing and causing the error.

Also, can you please access your Dashboard and head over to Events > Settings > Display, change the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” to “Tribe Events Styles” and let me know if the problem is solved after that?

You can also change the “Events template” option to “Default Events Template” and check if the issue persists after that.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time.

Thanks,

Patricia

Tim Callahan-Cross
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

I’ve noticed that the widget behaves fine when in a regular page sidebar and not a page built with SiteOrigin Builder (we had to use it as our theme didn’t allow sidebars on the homepage – the page in question). I’ve created a work-around by hiding the mini-calendar and just displaying the list of recent events beneath that.

We have to do some work before we update the SiteOrigin Builder plugin, which may (hopefully resolve the conflict).

Not a perfect solution, but may be useful to others who use that builder.

I am going to mark this as solved for now.

Patricia

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing your workaround with us! I’ve noticed a number of users with this exact same problem and the page builder was causing the conflict indeed. While we’re not able to guarantee compatibility with any specific third-party WordPress themes/page builders or plugins, we do develop our plugins in accordance with strict WordPress.org standards, and you’ll typically find that our products work great with products developed to the same standards.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget has endless spinner with after PRO 4.4.17 update’ is closed to new replies.