Widget Arrows Won't Work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widget Arrows Won't Work

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nathan
    Participant

I’ve seen other references to this on wordpress.org but basically the reply is “Your theme is broken.”

I’m working with a site at gasp-pgh.org and using the Mini Calendar in the Sidebar near the bottom of the page there.

If I switch back to TwentyWhatever default theme, yes, it does in fact work.

So I’m trying to figure out what would be wrong with the theme they have installed and this widget. I do see that with this theme it’s not inserting the mini-calendar Javascript. So I tried adding that myself. Still nothing happens, though.

Something else I can do / investigate to try and get this working?

joecalibre
    Participant

Hey Nathan. I had this problem too. I can’t be sure it’s the problem but here’s how I solved it. If the month nav links in your Events Calendar Mini Pro Calendar are NOT working, it’s likely a problem registering the space for the widget. See this thread for more details: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/calendar-widget-issue/#post-109153. Specifically something like this should fix your month nav arrows in the mini calendar: ‘before_widget’ => ‘<div id=”%1$s” class=”widget %2$s”>’, ‘after_widget’ => ‘</div>’. That’s in your functions.php file while registering sidebars.

Casey
    Participant

Nathan,
    Thanks for getting in touch here! @joecalibre is right on with his reply, since some themes don’t implement sidebars using WordPress best practices. Could you give that a shot and let me know what you discover? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

P.S. – Thanks for helping out here @joecalibre!

Nathan
    Participant

Thank you Joe, that was exactly the issue!

Casey
    Participant

Nathan,
    Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/jw

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget Arrows Won't Work’ is closed to new replies.