Calendar widget issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar widget issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sonny Parlin
    Participant

When clicking on any of the numbers in the calendar widget, the page just scrolls back up to the top.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy wggb,

I am happy to help you with this. I am 99% sure the cause of this is that your theme is not outputting WordPress classes where it needs to. I am noticing two areas where the classes are absent, your <body> tag and in the sidebar widgets. A recent update to our plugin it made it dependent upon these two WP features, as they are something that every WP theme should have. Some theme developers unfortunately either forget or are not aware of this aspect of WP Theme Development, and thus cause incompatibilities.

To fix this you will need to either consult with the theme developer, or alter the theme yourself if you are familiar with WP theme development. First, you need to add a body_class() call to your <body> tag. WP has thorough documentation to assist here. Next, your sidebar widget is not outputting the sidebar classes nor even a container, along with the content. The WP Codex gives you a good example on how to create a proper sidebar widget area. Notice this line in particular:

'before_widget' => '<li id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',

That %2$s and it’s container element (which can be anything from an <li> to a <div>) is particularly important, as it will add the widget class and the container. Without it, widget scripts like ours will not work very well.

Does that make sense? Did that fix it for you? Please let me know. Cheers!

– Brook

Sonny Parlin
    Participant

You sir, are a steely-eyed missile man.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks Sonny! Really glad that helped.

– Brook

Leah

Hey Sonny-

You really made our support team laugh with your steely-eyed missile man comment. It’s even stuck a little. We’d love to send you a little somethin’… would you email us (pro /at/ tri.be) with your address?

Thanks,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we hope to have it corrected in the next maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar widget issue’ is closed to new replies.