Widget AND Calendar links not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Widget AND Calendar links not working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Earl Wright
    Participant

Hello all – I just upgraded to event calendar pro as well as the community event add-on. (first time I’ve spent money on a wp plugin) and love it but the widget doesn’t seem to work right – when you click on the dates it just takes you to the top of the page.
    A second problem I’m having is on the calendar page itself. When I try to change views from month to day, week, list, map etc. it does nothing. I can set those views to be the default and they work fine but they can’t be changed “on the fly”. I am currently using customizr as a theme – the widget does seem to work with the default 2014 wp theme.
    Help – thoughts – ideas would be great.
    Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

bobwrong,
    Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. Could you share a URL with me of where this is happening, so I can investigate further? Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Earl Wright
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andy Fragen

bobwrong, just for fun could you change the permalinks to something other than default?

Andy Fragen

You might need go the Events > Settings > Display and make sure all the views you want are checked.

Earl Wright
    Participant

Thanks for the help first off –
    The permalinks are not set to default – I just changed it to numeric – it was post id. Also – I just noticed I can’t login anymore hah! It redirects me to my home page. I can still get into my admin panel if I paste the redirect url from another wp install on my other server and change the domain names to match. If I deactivate your plugins (I have pro and community events)that solves the issues with the login.
    Help please. Your plugins rock and I can’t wait to get them working!!

Casey
    Participant

bobwrong,
    Regarding the widget issue, take a look at @brook’s reply on this thread, which I think should solve the issue for you.

Regarding the locked out issue with Community, are you trying to login with an admin user account, or a user account with a different role? If you have your Community settings to disallow access to the dashboard (screenshot) for your particular user role, then that would cause this issue. Try logging in a with an admin account and see if this issue persists.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Earl Wright
    Participant

I will check out that other thread for the widget – what about the calendar not switching views? As for the login issue I can’t even get to the login page – try it and you will see what I mean – it just redirects me back to my home page. Help!

Casey
    Participant

Sorry to hear you’re still having issues. Let’s try to tackle these one at a time.

As for the login issue I can’t even get to the login page – try it and you will see what I mean – it just redirects me back to my home page. Help!

I’m able to see your login page at this URL with no issues: http://groveland.org/newsite/wp-login.php Is that the URL that you were attempting to access? Try logging in there and let me know if you’re still having problems.

what about the calendar not switching views?

Can you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme to see if this issue persists? I suspect that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Earl Wright
    Participant

Casey – thanks for the help so far – login problem taken care of. I can login at that URL – I have always just used /wp-admin and let it redirect me to the login.php page. Never even thought about that. Not sure why it won’t anymore but it doesn’t matter.

The calendar works fine using the default 2013 theme – what part of my theme do you think is causing the conflict? I would really like to use this theme and get it going with your plugins.

Casey
    Participant

bobwrong,
    We just released version 3.6 of the plugins yesterday, so you should first update to the latest version to see if that fixes your issue. If not, then I would encourage you to reach out to the developer of your theme to see if there is some javascript that might be overriding the click event for switching Views.

While I wish I could say that the plugin seamlessly integrates with every theme out there, the reality is that custom themes have so many settings/options that it would be nearly impossible for us to account for all of those. If we can help to answer any other questions the developer might have about how the plugin works, we’d be happy to.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Widget AND Calendar links not working’ is closed to new replies.