Why can’t I add an end date for multiple events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Why can’t I add an end date for multiple events?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Linn
    Participant

We offer the same trips with different dates/events, so to avoid having to type in the title, url, price, etc. for each event/date, I’m wondering if I can just add multiple dates/events for each trip. Otherwise, it’s very time consuming. When I’m on one of the trip events and I select add more events, I then select once since the trip dates all fall on different dates. The problem is there is no end date to select, only the first date. I need to be able to add an end date.
    Here’s the url of our trip dates: https://www.kayakbaja.com/dates/

Thank you!

Hunter

Mind sending me a screenshot of the ‘TIME & DATE‘ section for the add/edit event screen you’re referring to? Please include a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings screen too.

Have you checked to see the problem is 100% fault of our plugin(s)? The best way to identify the specific source of conflict is to review the Testing for conflicts guide. Let me know if that’s a possibility and what the results are.

Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page and in your error log as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note any errors experienced during your testing in your reply.

Once I’ve got that information I’ll have a better idea on how to proceed. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Cheers 🙂

Linn
    Participant

I don’t think you understand what I am asking. I am not having a problem with the plugin, I just want to know how I can access a specific feature which is adding multiple dates/events for each trip. Thank you.

Hunter

My apologies for the misunderstanding. Are you familiar with our PRO Recurring Events Knowledgebase article? It goes over the options available for creating multiple dates/events for each trip.

If you do run into any issues/conflicts, reply back with as much information as possible and I’d be happy to further investigate. Hopefully we’re on the same page now and let me know if this response helps 🙂

Linn
    Participant

Yes, I am familiar with your PRO Recurring Events Knowledgebase article. That’s what I was asking about. When I follow the instructions to “Click the ‘Schedule multiple events’ button,” there does not appear to be a way to set an end date for the event. How do I set and end date for the new event?

Hunter

Thank you for the update. I went ahead and attempted to create a recurring event titled “Island Hopping, La Paz to Loreto (9 days)” and attempted to add recurrence dates for April 1st-9th (All Day) and April 15th-23rd (All Day) but ran into troubles.

I then compared my findings to our list of logged bug reports and located a bug which is the cause of issue for your particular situation. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a temporary solution other than downgrading to the version(s) that work best for you.

It’s marked as Priority Level 1 and is being expedited, so hopefully it makes it into the next maintenance release. I’ve included this thread to the report which helps increase attention on the matter. I don’t have any timeline when a fix will be available, but as previously stated it’s being fast-tracked.

I apologize I didn’t catch onto the issue sooner – often times it takes a little back-and-forth to fully understand what’s going on. Thanks again and let me know if you’ve got any questions in the mean time. Cheers 🙂

Linn
    Participant

Thanks for expediting this problem you found. Please let me know as soon as it’s been resolved because we are adding new dates/events all the time and it will be so helpful. Thanks again!

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Linn,

We will absolutely let you know. This has now been bumped to our highest priority, and is thus a very likely candidate for our next MR which is in due in a little over 2 weeks. While our plans are not yet finalized, I would not be surprised if this is fixed at that time, which is as soon as it possibly could be.

Cheers!

– Brook

Linn
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    I’m checking in to see if your team was able to find a fix to the problem I’m having with recurring dates and needing a field for the end date.
    Thank you,
    Linn

Nico

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.6 of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-pro-4-4-6-event-tickets-4-4-6-premium-add-ons/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Linn
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    The new maintenance release did not work for us. When I go to add a recurring event, only a start date shows up and we need to be able to add an end date. Please help!
    Thanks, Linn

Linn
    Participant

Can you please explain to me how the recurring events are suppose to work with a beginning and end date. We’d like to be able to enter several dates for one trip and not have to re-type the event title, category, url and price for every date. You’ll see an example of our list of events/trip dates here: https://www.kayakbaja.com/dates/
    I hope you can resolve this issue soon since i posted this original question a month ago.
    Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Why can’t I add an end date for multiple events?’ is closed to new replies.