When creating eventbrite events, changing ticket details causing error

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets When creating eventbrite events, changing ticket details causing error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    artsmartlondon
    Participant

When I create an event in WP, it creates the ticket OK in eventbrite.
    But when i am looking at the event in eventbrite, and click to change something, e.g. privacy, i get an eventbrite error.
    http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/197761/1ba2254550babc9fac0192271a7e8674

If I make a copy of the event in eventbrite and click to make the same changes, I am able to make changes ok.

There is something strange happening where the plugin is creating the event in WP, posting to eventbrite, but eventbrite itself, despite creating the event, doesnt like it and therefore displays the screen linked above.

Version installed is 3.9.2. Please note that I am hesitant to upgrade to the latest version due to the number of issues i encountered when i installed 3.9.3 and the bugs i am seeing in the forum.

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

I installed this new version, setup the api key etc as per your instructions. Could see the EB ticket options in the wordpress event post screen, filled it in as normal.
    When i save, it saves to wordpress ok, but isn’t posting to EB and there is no message at the top of the screen other than wordpress’s own save message.
    I had this problem when i installed 3.9.3 previously.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

So you are having an issue with with creating events. They are not being sent to Eventbrite and there is no error message, correct?

Can you please verify you have the OAuth URI in your Eventbrite App and you got a success message when authorizing.

Are you able to import these two events:

Let me know if either of those work. If they do work you do not need to keep them on your site, you can delete right away.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

I do have it authorized and the oauth uri has been filled in correctly.

I managed to import “EdibleDC Cocktail Derby” and “Challenge Festival 2015”.
    All fields had content in them.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

In addition to this, when i create an event, the Date to Start and End Ticket Sales calendar only allows me to select the start date, all other days are greyed out. Which means I can’t set a start or end date for ticket sales.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

I managed to output the eventbrite response object and noticed this error:

[body] => {“status_code”: 400, “error_description”: “There are errors with your arguments: venue.address.longitude – INVALID, venue.address.latitude – INVALID”, “error”: “ARGUMENTS_ERROR”}

I created a new venue and an existing venue, got the same error each time.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

The date picker problem i mentioned, in eventbrite-meta-box-extension.php, line 163 there is this code that sets the maxdate to the events startdate, shouldn’t that maxdate be the end date?

Shouldn’t….

$(“.etp-datepicker”).bind( ‘click’, function() {
    var startDate = $(‘#EventStartDate’).val();
    if ( startDate ) {
    $(this).datepicker( ‘option’, ‘maxDate’, startDate );
    $(this).datepicker( ‘show’ );
    }
    });

be…

var endDate = $(‘#EventEndDate’).val();
    if ( endDate ) {
    $(this).datepicker( ‘option’, ‘maxDate’, endDate );
    }
    });

When i changed the code to this, it started working.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

I managed to get the plugin to post events to eventbrite by commenting out the following lines:

// 'venue.address.latitude' => get_post_meta( $venue->ID, '_VenueLat', true ),
    // 'venue.address.longitude' => get_post_meta( $venue->ID, '_VenueLng', true ),

in eventbrite-api.class.php , lines 300 and 301.

artsmartlondon
    Participant

Javascript for datepicker formatted…

var startDate = $(‘#EventStartDate’).val();
    if ( startDate ) {
    $(this).datepicker( ‘option’, ‘maxDate’, startDate );
    }
    });

be…

var endDate = $(‘#EventEndDate’).val();
    if ( endDate ) {
    $(this).datepicker( ‘option’, ‘maxDate’, endDate );
    }
    });
    Brian
    Keymaster

I am not sure what the issues are now or how everything relates.

Are you able to Import Events?

Are you able to create events in WordPress and export them to Eventbrite?

Does the datepicker along with the latitude and longitude fixes you mention make this possible?

Also, the latitude and longitude issue will be resolved in 3.8.5, which we hope to release later today.

As for the datepicker are you saying if you have an event from May 18th to May 20th. Are you saying you can only sell tickets from today until the 18th? Or is it something else?

Thanks

artsmartlondon
    Participant

Are you able to Import Events?
    Yes, importing events works.

Are you able to create events in WordPress and export them to Eventbrite?
    Not initially, but when i commented out the longitude/latitude lines of code i mentioned above, yes i could.

Does the datepicker along with the latitude and longitude fixes you mention make this possible?
    The datepicker was another issue, which i managed to fix by changing the code as mentioned above.

Also, the latitude and longitude issue will be resolved in 3.8.5, which we hope to release later today.
    Ok

As for the datepicker are you saying if you have an event from May 18th to May 20th. Are you saying you can only sell tickets from today until the 18th? Or is it something else?
    The datepicker would only enable the current day regardless of the event start and end date, e.g. it should have enabled may 18th to the 20th

As it currently stands, the changes i implemented above have allowed me to use your plugin.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am unable to replicated the datepicker issue. It should work where if I have an event on the 23rd of May I can select the start and end sale dates of tickets anywhere from now until the start of the event. If it does not do this in 3.8.5 please run through our testing for conflicts guide and see if that narrows down the issue to a conflict or our plugin: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

We are hoping to release Eventbrite 3.8.5 tomorrow we tried for today, but ran into an issue that we had to resolve first.

Sorry for the delay in resolving this.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘When creating eventbrite events, changing ticket details causing error’ is closed to new replies.