What tutorials/hacks would you like to see?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO What tutorials/hacks would you like to see?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Rob

That’s an interesting request, Robert – I can see value in that. Let me review it with the team and see what it’d take to get something like this out. Appreciate the idea!

Hamish
    Participant

A tutorial on creating a calendar that can be filtered by combining categories would be awesome. For example, it would be mighty handy to be able to filter events according to a first category (e.g. events by company A) AND another category (e.g. city). Cheers.

Rob

I could certainly see the value there myself, too. Thanks for the suggestion Hamish!

Robert

I would love a tutorial on how to implement YARPP (Yet Another Related Post Plugin) with ECP, or something similar of YARPP. I really would like to lower my bounce rate and since we are a event heavy website (championroper.com) this would help immensely.

I would also love to see some form of an advanced search for events.

Robert

Oh almost forgot, a hack to make the grid view responsive. My site is totally responsive, but I can not use the calendar view since it is not responsive. Any help?

Rob

Thanks, Robert. That’s the second time advanced search has come up today so there definitely seems to be some value there.

I suspect something on the responsive front will definitely be coming down the road; we’ve been reading (and experimenting) a lot to that end lately and while it’s mostly been related to future builds of the tri.be site so far, I’d love to see it go deeper into the plugin itself.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Hamish
    Participant

Hi Rob – I don’t want to mis-post this as ‘feature request’ however I asked a developer about how difficult the filter feature would be to implement and he told me it was a fairly straight forward modification; given it’s simplicity, is this one more reason to create a tutorial?

Rob

I think so. I know Jonah’s just wrapping up a pretty extensive one on Genesis, so we’re looking to move into some shorter/quicker ones next. This may be the right candidate. Once any decision has been made there we will let you know here.

Dawn
    Participant

Id like to see some better documentation/tutorials on how to use the functions.
    ie, to build my own page, seeing examples of how to do the queries.

i believe some of this info is scattered around the site, but it is damn hard to find.

thanks!

Rob

Thanks Dawn. We’ve had a few requests for this, so sounds like there’s a need for it. Appreciate the heads up.

vickie

Some better documentation/tutorials on most frequently used real world implementations would be awesome, for example, right now I’m looking into how to query to first list the date with the next upcoming event, and then list all events for that date and the day after the next upcoming event…

Rob

Solid suggestion, Vickie. Our next one up due to popular demand will be Thesis integration (we’re wrapping up a comprehensive Genesis tutorial now), but we have something planned along the lines of what you’re going for over the next couple months here. Cheers!

Heather

Love to see an option to place the event image at top right of the detail page view – next to venue info. It does not seem as impactful way down at bottom?

Color coding for categories would be super. I just figured out that clicking on the category does take you to a view of the calendar with just those events. http://bridalgownscustomcolorado.com/classes/category/beginning-sewing-intermediate-sewing-classes/ – color coding the event titles by category would be great.

A minimal view would be excellent too – I really love the look of this calendar (http://codecanyon.net/theme_previews/910386-wordpress-events-calendar), but it does not work for those clients that want to show a lot more detail. It would be stunning for someone with less frequent events.

Rob

Hey Heather! Thanks for the awesome suggestions. I can definitely see the value of both your first and third suggestions. That’s the first time those have come up and they’re a thoughtful approach to the calendar. Thank you.

For the second, I believe Jonah’s post on this should cover what you’re looking for: https://theeventscalendar.com/coloring-your-category-events/. That help?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The topic ‘What tutorials/hacks would you like to see?’ is closed to new replies.