Web Page Timing Out When Editing Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Web Page Timing Out When Editing Recurring Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ruta
    Participant

We are having issues whenever trying to edit a recurring event, with the web page freezing and timing out. We have performed all the necessary updates. This is across 24 sites on a multi-site experiencing this.

We had the host of the site deactivate all plugins and run error log to pinpoint that it was specifically the PRO plugin causing it. As soon as it was disabled no timeouts happened, but of course we could not edit recurring events either as it was not active. Please help ASAP as this is a large problem for us. Below is an example of one of the sites. For back-end or login information please let me know the best way to get that to you.

https://ave.pwcsites.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=20279&action=edit

Ruta
    Participant

Just checking in as it has been a couple days and really needing to see if you can replicate this issue and what the potential solutions are.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Ruta!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

whenever trying to edit a recurring event, with the web page freezing and timing out.

Do you experience this before or after clicking the Update button to save the changes? Does it happen with all recurring events or just some? How about when creating a new event from scratch? Let me know about it.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept login credentials as stated in our terms. But, would you mind sharing with us (in a private reply if you’d like) a screenshot of all the recurring settings when editing that event?

In addition, could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page? If so, please share those with us. Here’s how you can achieve that > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/. Let

Also, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try editing one of those events a few times to reproduce the issue, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can spot the problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Ruta
    Participant

Hey Victor,

Please see below:

“Do you experience this before or after clicking the Update button to save the changes? Does it happen with all recurring events or just some? How about when creating a new event from scratch?”

– We have experienced the issue both before and after clicking the update button to save changes. Often times when you click edit all, the site will time out. Other times you are able to open the edit, then when clicking update it will then time out. I have not had issues with creating new events from scratch.

Unfortunately, we cannot accept login credentials as stated in our terms. But, would you mind sharing with us (in a private reply if you’d like) a screenshot of all the recurring settings when editing that event?
    – Attached is a screen shot with one example.

Ruta
    Participant

Also, there are crawl errors on the /tribe_events-sitemap.xml sitemap (see attached)

Ruta
    Participant

Here is our debug.log for 20 minutes while an event was trying to load.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello there!

Thanks for following up with this and for sending all that info.

I could not reproduce the error

From the debug.log file I could not find any errors that would indicate a timeout in the process.

I did find the following notice that might relate to your issue: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in /nas/content/live/pwcsites/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php on line 1404

I will reach the team to have a second pair of eyes on this and see why you could be getting that notice.

In the meantime, could you please let us know how many events does your site currently have? Do you experience any timeouts in any other page of your site or just this?

Here is our debug.log for 20 minutes while an event was trying to load.

Just to confirm, did the edit event page take 20 minutes to load/update? Did it ever load or showed an error? Please let us know about it?

Thanks,
    Victor

Ruta
    Participant

We were able to replicate the issue again. When we go into the site – https://ave.pwcsites.com/. We filtered out event by day and went to edit all. When we click edit all screen freezes and we are unable to do anything for about 10-15 minutes. Once the time passes we can click Update and wait another 10 – 15 minutes for the update to go through. Once completed the the class will appear on the front end.

I have a screen recording of this issue that I can share, but it is too large of a file to add to this ticket.

As you can see many of our classes have not dropped out or do not appear on the front end, but are loaded into the website correctly – https://www.averamckennanfitness.org/events/

This issue is happening to seven of our sites and equals to about 950 events a week in total. We are desperate to get this issue sorted out so that our classes will appear correctly on our fitness center websites.

Ruta
    Participant

Below is a Dropbox link to download and view the video reference above. It shows the entire process and how we recreated the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2uvfa2nnwqa9ln/PW%20-%20Calendar%20Issue%20Video.mov?dl=0

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Ruta!

Thanks for clarifying that.

Could you please try creating a new recurring event that only has one or two instances (ie, an event that recurs weekly and ends after 2 weeks) ? Do you experience the same timeout/freeze with this event? Let us know about it.

Also, I know you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

Lastly, could you please see if you are getting any console errors by inspecting the page when on the edit event page?

Thanks,
    Victor

Ruta
    Participant

Logged in and added “TEST CLASS SCHEDULE” and you can see here – https://www.averamckennanfitness.org/events/

The issue is not affecting new classes or adding classes. The timing out is happening when we go into events that have been previously in the system. There are no console errors when going in and editing existing classes. It continues to take about 15-20 minutes to update or edit existing events.

We can reach out to our web developers on your other questions on switching to themes.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Ruta!

Thanks for testing that out and letting us know the results.

Please do try to get the precise results from the testing for conflicts guide as it will help us to narrow the problem down.

You mentioned before having some error logs run by your site’s host that pinpointed to the error being caused by Events Calendar PRO, could you please share those logs with us?

Did the issue started all of a sudden or did you start noticing some delays and then increasing over time? Do you remember making any changes in your site before the issue started happening? like any theme, plugin or WordPress core update? Let us know about this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Ruta
    Participant

So we went through all the procedures in the conflict testing and the only difference is when the PRO plugin is disabled. Even when we switch the theme nothing shows. With regards to the error logs from the host they did not provide those. In the meantime we are needing a solution and tried reverting to an older version of the plugin.

We tried uploading old versions of the calendar and calendar pro. 3.1.2 and 3.9.1, These allowed for the editing of the recurring events, but the front end of the calendar failed to load while using these old versions.

Since this is a multisite, is it possible to export and import all recurring events? We are needing to fix this ASAP and if we can re-create the existing recurring events we might then be able to edit them. However there are a ton. So if you can help us understand a way to export events and then re-import (especially the recurring) this could fix the issue.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Ruta
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Web Page Timing Out When Editing Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.