Web Crawl Errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Web Crawl Errors

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rob

This raises a good point. Thanks for confirming, Tony — I’m no SEO expert either but I can see the issue. Let me run this by the team and see what they think. Appreciate you bringing it up…my guess is that if we can all come to a consensus on it, this will be changing for a future release.

UMaine
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as Cary.

Browsing the main calendar, day links work fine:

http://calendar-dev.umaine.edu/events/2012-01-20

Browsing a single category in grid format, day links return 404 (even if there are events listed for that day):

http://calendar-dev.umaine.edu/events/category/conferences-workshops/2012-01-20

Running up-to-date versions of both calendar plugins on WP 3.2. Updating Permalinks (/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/) and switching to 2011 did not fix. Also deactivated all plugins (even the Network ones this time ;)) to no avail.

Rob

Thanks for confirming, UMaine. I’ve got the devs looking at this now — it sounds like there is something up here, though it’s weird that we’re unable to recreate it in certain environments. As soon as we can figure this out we’ll get a patch deployed in whatever the next release at that point may be (my guess is this’ll fall into 2.1).

Nate
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I’m experiencing the same issues and I’ve very worried about hurting my page rank/SEO. Googlebot and Baidu have been camping out on the site I recently launched for a client for the past 2 weeks, indexing tons of event-less pages every couple of minutes.

Did the 2.0.3 release fix this issue?

Thanks Rob. You guys really provide great support for your product.

Nate

Rob

Hey Nate. Thanks for the words. This patch is substantial enough that it unfortunately won’t make it until 2.1. But that being said, I got one of our advanced devs to offer up a short-term solution for a user who asked about this in another thread. I would suggest first and foremost giving that a go: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/huge-problem-need-help-right-away/.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more here. Once 2.1 comes out, this should be nipped in the bud for good.

Nate
    Participant

It looks like that did the trick, Rob! Thanks for your help and quick response, I appreciate it.

Nate

Rob

My pleasure Nate…happy to help. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

Thanks for the quick fix. Looking forward for a more permanent solution in the next release.

Rob

Excellent to hear this worked for you too, Cary…apologies you had to do some heavy lifting to make it so 🙂 With 2.1 this should become a non-issue so we’ll be all set. Let me know what else you need between now and then.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Web Crawl Errors’ is closed to new replies.