We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Janka
    Participant

Hi I cant seem to to import any events… I read other discussions and it is not helping me. IS there a fast way to import all events from event bright or just one by one? I am trying one by one but it wont work here is the event https://www.eventbrite.ca/myevent?eid=15978761907

Janka
    Participant

Hi Any help would be appreciated.

Geoff

Hi there, Janka! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the issue here.

Yes, for the time being, importing events from Eventbrite needs to be done one at a time. Sorry if that wasn’t clear up front.

It looks like you’re using eventbrite.ca instead of .com. The Eventbrite API defaults to .com, so that’s what the Eventbrite Tickets plugin defaults to as well. There was a workaround for this at one point in time, but I don’t believe it works anymore.

Is it possible for you to register your events at Eventbrite.com instead? I think that will help resolve what we’re seeing here.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

P.S. I’m going to move this thread to our Eventbrite Tickets forum. Same URL, but a little easier to find. 🙂

Janka
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hi Janka– thanks for following up!

You know, I tried importing the Event using the ID you shared (15978761907) and it seemed to import in as expected. I assumed that it was the incorrect event since you were working with .ca, but it appears it is in fact the correct event. My apologies for the misunderstanding there!

Since I was able to import the event, that makes me wonder if there isn’t some other conflict at play. Are you running the latest versions of both Eventbrite Tickets (3.9.1) and The Events Calendar (3.9.1)? Please update them if they’re already updated.

Also, just to erase any doubt, will you please run through these troubleshooting steps to see if there’s a conflict with the theme or possibly another plugin?

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Janka
    Participant

Thanks let me try…

Geoff

Thanks! Keep me posted. 🙂

Janka
    Participant

The versions are correct I just checked and on import ID i keep getting

We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.
    https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/identity-theft-for-you-your-business-tickets-15978761907

I just put in the following ID correct?

Geoff

Yes, that’s correct–you only need to provide the ID number rather than the entire URL.

What was the result of running through the troubleshooting steps I linked to above? Did those have any effect?

Geoff

Janka
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Geoff.
    Geoff

Shoot, I’m sorry this is still popping up! Thanks for working with me this far. 🙂

Unfortunately, I’m unable to log into your site for liability reasons–but thanks for sending that info along anyway.

Did importing work on your old site? Or is the issue only popping up on the new dev site?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Janka
    Participant

It is working on old site but not the new site I am stuck as to what to do.

Janka
    Participant

So I re installed the plugins and still cant get it to import I get

We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.

Geoff

Are both sites on the same host, or is the new one on a different one from the old site?

Also, just to rule out any doubts, will you please run try running through these troubleshooting steps on the new site? This will help us see if there’s a conflict with the theme or another plugin that might not be taking place on the old site.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and’ is closed to new replies.